Home > Community > Forums > Mixed-Signal Design > Monte Carlo AMS Simulation with ADE-XL not working properly

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Monte Carlo AMS Simulation with ADE-XL not working properly 

Last post Mon, Dec 16 2013 3:47 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by GabrielB 23 Oct 2013 07:09 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 7873 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Oct 23 2013 7:09 AM

• GabrielB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 22 2012
    • Berlin, Berlin
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30
    Monte Carlo AMS Simulation with ADE-XL not working properly Reply

Hi everybody,

I'd really appreciate if any of you could help me concerning following problem i'm facing using ADE-XL.

I designed a mixed signal circuit and I'd like to estimate the effect of mismatch on my analog part while using the functional view of the standard digital cells I used to manually design (with the schematic editor) my digital part.

I created a config view of my test bench with the ams template and then simulated it with ADE without any problem. I also have no problems if I simulate a "Single Run" of the same test bench with ADE-XL.

However when I switch to "Monte Carlo Sampling" the simulations complete but the results are weird, i.e. the digital block hasn'n worked properly.

I tried thus with a very simple test design (2-bit johnson counter with D-FF with asynchronous S and R and few analog components between Vdd and Gnd) and found out that by MC simulations the FFs enter in X state immediately after the initial Reset. 

I thouhg I'd depend on the PDK's libraries, but I didn't got any good hint from our factory online support so I'd really appreciate any suggestion from your side.

Thank you in advance!

Cadence version: 6.1.5.500.132

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Dec 16 2013 3:47 AM

Re: Monte Carlo AMS Simulation with ADE-XL not working properly Reply

I think this will be quite hard to debug without seeing your data, so best if you can contact customer support.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by GabrielB at 23 Oct 2013 07:09 AM. Topic has 1 replies.