Home > Community > Forums > Mixed-Signal Design > ncelab: *F,AMSCBINER: Unexpected error encountered

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ncelab: *F,AMSCBINER: Unexpected error encountered 

Last post Mon, Nov 4 2013 7:58 AM by Andrew Beckett. 2 replies.
Started by beevlsi 22 Oct 2013 02:20 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 7753 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Oct 22 2013 2:20 PM

• beevlsi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 2 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    ncelab: *F,AMSCBINER: Unexpected error encountered Reply

Hi,

I am trying to run AMS simulation on IC6.1.5 but everytime I try to run the simulation, I get the following error at the elaboration stage:

ncelab: *F,AMSCBINER: Unexpected error encountered when processing spice file during elaboration

The help (nchelp) on the error says:

irun/AMSCBINER =
        The program generated this error message because of various reasons. Check permission issues with the current working test directory or incorrect tool installation. If you still get an error after correcting these problems, report it to Cadence.

I originally ran it from INCISIV12.2 package and I also tried it from an older IUS8.2 package with the same results. I also tried to run on two different servers running different OS with the same outcome. I checked the installation and permission and it seems to be fine.

The two previous stage to ncelab (netlist and compile) complete with 0 errors and 0 warnings.

Anyone has a hint on how to solve the problem?

Thanks for the help

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Oct 25 2013 2:02 PM

• beevlsi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 2 2008
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: ncelab: *F,AMSCBINER: Unexpected error encountered Reply

I found the problem. Cadence was not able to find the amsspice executables in the search path. Considering INCISIV12.2, I added the path: $AMSHOME/tools/affirma_ams/bin to my search path.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Nov 4 2013 7:58 AM

Re: ncelab: *F,AMSCBINER: Unexpected error encountered Reply

Very odd. $AMSHOME/tools/bin/amsspice should be a link to that, so there should be no need to have anything other than $AMSHOME/tools/bin in your path.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by beevlsi at 22 Oct 2013 02:20 PM. Topic has 2 replies.