Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Ultrasim Verilog simulation with ncvlog

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Ultrasim Verilog simulation with ncvlog 

Last post Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:27 PM by Bardia B. 5 replies.
Started by Bardia B 14 Oct 2013 11:52 AM. Topic has 5 replies and 2367 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:52 AM

• Bardia B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 3 2011
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95
    Ultrasim Verilog simulation with ncvlog Reply

I have a problem with Ultraim Verilog. The problem is that my verilog code is not supported by verilog -XL and gives error.

I was wondering if there is anyway to  use nc-vlog instead of Verilog -XL during ultrasim verilog simulation?

Thank you,

Bardia 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:39 PM

Re: Ultrasim Verilog simulation with ncvlog Reply

You should use "ams" (AMS Designer) as the simulator. SpectreVerilog and UltrasimVerilog are obsolete technology and have been for many years. 

Regards,

Andrew 

• Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:08 PM

• Bardia B
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95
    Thanks Andrew for your quick reply. The problem with AMS is that I cannot use ultrasim for transient analysis using AMS. It uses only spectre for transient analysis. I don't know if this is the case only with my Cadence or it is always like this. Ultasim option is only provided for envelope detection. I would like to use ultrasim transient analysis in order to be able to do faster transient simulations. please correct me if I am wrong.
  • Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:14 PM

Er, no. You can use ultrasim as the solver for transient sims too. Did you try just setting Simulation->solver and setting it to Ultrasim?

Ultrasim has been supported with AMS for years and years, and always for transient.

Regards,

Andrew 

• Mon, Oct 14 2013 1:31 PM

• Bardia B
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95
    OMG! what a rookie mistake! Thanks a lot for your help Anderw. I didn't know that option (solver) exists at all.

So when i choose the ultrasim in solver, the conservative/moderate/liberal option will be ignored? (accuracy options during enabling the transient analysis)

also I get an error like this when I run the simulation:

No connection module found: Need an input port of discrete discipline logic, and an output port of continuous discipline electrical.

Do i need to insert a connection betwenn digital (verilog) module and analog part to convert logic levels to voltage level, right? where I can find this connection module?

Sorry if these are very basic  questions. But this is the first time I am running mixed-mode simulation. I would appreciate if you can introduce a good tutorial or user guide for this.

Thanks again,
    Bardia.
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Oct 14 2013 3:27 PM

• Bardia B
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

The problem is solved and the ams designer is running perfectly.

Thanks for your help Andrew. 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Bardia B at 14 Oct 2013 11:52 AM. Topic has 5 replies.