Home > Community > Forums > Hardware/Software Co-Development, Verification and Integration > Please help me compare Pspice and Multisim

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Please help me compare Pspice and Multisim 

Last post Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:44 PM by alokt. 1 replies.
Started by mrTran 02 Oct 2013 12:52 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 8924 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 12:52 AM

• mrTran
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 2 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Please help me compare Pspice and Multisim Reply
    My class wil have a presentation discuss about the best software simulation. We discuss between two software those are ORCAD/PSPICE and MULTISIM. My group've chosen ORCAD/PSPICE software. So, Could you help me show some advantages and disadvantages of ORCAD/PSPICE and MULTISIM software. (Special advantages of ORCAD/PSPICE and disadvantages of MULTISIM).

Thanks!
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:44 PM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470
    Re: Please help me compare Pspice and Multisim Reply

Following are some of the key features of PSpice

- Established simulator and known for its results accuracy since long time ( > 15 Yrs.)

- Most powerful waveform/simulation result analysis interface

- Largest collection of simulation models (~30000) - Shipped and installed with Software

- Offers models for all kinds of devices like Electromechanical systems (Resolvers, Brushless DC motors etc.), Mechanical system (Flywheel etc.)

- Support co-simulation with MATLAB via SLPS link

- Probably only Simulator for which most of device manufacturer publish their device models (in comparison to generic SPICE models)

- Support encrypted models - Enabling design/analysis community to share knowledge/expertise while protecting IP

- Continuous enhancements to keep pace with technology evolution and world class support

- Only software with several Advance Analysis modes - Check for reliability/stress (SMOKE Analysis), Calculate Yield for multiple goals (Monte carlo), Optimization Module with multiple optimization engines (Optimizer), Design Space explorations (Parametric Plotter).

- Well integrated with complete system design and analysis tools (PCB Editor)

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mrTran at 02 Oct 2013 12:52 AM. Topic has 1 replies.