Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > UltraSim simulation issue for Power-up Rush Current Analysis with Power Gate(Switch)

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

UltraSim simulation issue for Power-up Rush Current Analysis with Power Gate(Switch) 

Last post Wed, Sep 25 2013 12:53 PM by fieldy. 0 replies.
Started by fieldy 25 Sep 2013 12:53 PM. Topic has 0 replies and 2407 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Sep 25 2013 12:53 PM

• fieldy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 21 2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60
    UltraSim simulation issue for Power-up Rush Current Analysis with Power Gate(Switch) Reply

Hi All,

I'm trying to run a rush current Analysis for a power-gated design I am implementing. I've been going through the Encounter and EPS manual to set the analysis up properly and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong...But whenever I run the power-up (rush current) analysis, EPS (or Encounter) produces an ultraSim RC parasitic spiceDeck (Switched_Net.rc) for the design that has a ton of duplicate instantiations and it kills the ultraSim simulation. This is the Error message I'm getting in the Switched_Net.ulog file :

ERROR (SFE-401): Duplicate instantiation of 'RC_instance...' in 'Design' 

I get this error for almost all nets in the design so the spiceDeck creation is messed up but I'm not sure why. The spiceDeck generation process is automated within the  power-up analysis flow so I'm not sure why it is doing what it's doing. 

Has anybody had a simular experience with the Power-Up analysis in Encounter and know how I can solve this issue?

Thanks 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by fieldy at 25 Sep 2013 12:53 PM. Topic has 0 replies.