Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > ocean XL monte carlo abort on internal error

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ocean XL monte carlo abort on internal error 

Last post Tue, Oct 1 2013 2:28 PM by FredWang. 2 replies.
Started by FredWang 20 Sep 2013 02:18 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 635 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Sep 20 2013 2:18 PM

• FredWang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2012
    • Raleigh, NC
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55
    ocean XL monte carlo abort on internal error Reply

Dear All,  

In ocean XL monte carlo simulation, it seems the job controller will abort all unfinished jobs once it detects that one of the simulation has an fatal/internal error. Is there a way to resume the computation even if there is such an error?

Thanks,

Fred 

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:19 PM

Re: ocean XL monte carlo abort on internal error Reply

Fred,

I'm guessing that this is because you have a relatively small number of jobs set up in your job policy. For example, if you have 1 job set up, and 100 points in your monte carlo, it will tell spectre to do a 100 point monte carlo analysis. If you had 2 jobs and 100 points, then you'd get two jobs, each with 50 points (this is assuming a single test and a single corner). Anyway, since spectre is doing the monte carlo analysis, if there's a fatal error, the simulator will exit - and the remaining monte carlo points in that invocation of the simulator will be aborted.

You could run more jobs - but then they'll run in parallel.

However, the key thing is probably getting the fatal error addressed - this shouldn't happen. Either it's due to something in the setup, or it's a bug in the simulator. I'd guess that it's likely to fail on subsequent points too, depending on the reason for the fatal error.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Oct 1 2013 2:28 PM

• FredWang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2012
    • Raleigh, NC
    • Posts 5
    • Points 55
    Re: ocean XL monte carlo abort on internal error Reply

Hi Andrew,

I indeed had set 'maxjobs' less than the number of corners (or number of test points) in a single mc run. Now I changed it to a higher value, hoping that once a simulation encounters an error, it won't affect the other simulations which are still running.

The fatal error is somewhat expected in my simulation, though, I can live with that.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by FredWang at 20 Sep 2013 02:18 PM. Topic has 2 replies.