Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Create application form trigger??

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Create application form trigger?? 

Last post Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:24 PM by tyanata. 2 replies.
Started by tyanata 20 Sep 2013 08:40 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 332 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Sep 20 2013 8:40 AM

• tyanata
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 3 2010
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,480
    Create application form trigger?? Reply
    Hello,

We want to create our custom button on on a certain predefined by some of our third party vendors Application form. It can easily be done with code like bellow:

hiAddField(certainForm list(our_custom_button 200:600 200:25 140))

But the problem is that the form should be opened in order button to be added. So it will be best if some trigger could be set whenever the form is opened our button looading procedure to be executed.

Do you know if such kind of triggers exist?

Thanks,
    tyanata
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Sep 25 2013 10:15 PM

Re: Create application form trigger?? Reply

No. You'll probably just need to call their code which is creating the form (presumably that's what you want). The trouble is that if the form is being created on the fly, this may not be possible.

Best to contact the third party vendor and ask them if it is possible via a hook in their code?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:24 PM

• tyanata
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 3 2010
    • Posts 89
    • Points 1,480
    Re: Create application form trigger?? Reply
    Thanks for the repsonse!

Actually the scripts of the third party vendor are not encrypted  so I know the SKILL file and the procedure where the Application form is being created.

So the easiest thing is just to add my routine there, but I do not prefer that approach because each time when we update the third party software I have to place my hook there.

I also could not just use the approach of setting a variable to their procedure and then again creating procedure with same name, placing in the beginning the variable, because originally the procedure is executed with autoload so may changes will be cancelled.

So do you know if there is a way to detect when some procedure is run (the form creating procedure in the case ) and in that moment my code to be triggerred.

Best regards,
    tyanata
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by tyanata at 20 Sep 2013 08:40 AM. Topic has 2 replies.