Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Help me out. Error Instance(of type diode) requires the use of model...

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Help me out. Error Instance(of type diode) requires the use of model... 

Last post Thu, Sep 26 2013 5:17 PM by Quek. 1 replies.
Started by Leona 20 Sep 2013 02:11 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 346 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Sep 20 2013 2:11 AM

• Leona
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 20 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Help me out. Error Instance(of type diode) requires the use of model... Reply

Hi guys,

I am a beginner in IC design. I was trying to simulate Adiabatic Dynamic logic inverter and I want to know how to set up diode configuration. Namely, the length, width...

Thanks a lot~

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Sep 26 2013 5:17 PM

• Quek
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Singapore, 00-SG
    • Posts 1,078
    • Points 16,395
    Re: Help me out. Error Instance(of type diode) requires the use of model... Reply

Hi Leona

From the subject of your post, it looks like you need to enter a suitable model name for the diode. Actually it is a little hard to provide more help because there is a lack of information. E.g.

- What kind of pdk are you using? (e.g. I am using 90nm pdk from ABC foundry)
    - How did you encounter the error? (e.g. I encountered the error when using spectre 12.1.1 in ADE-L 6.16)
    - What is the exact help that you need? (e.g. I cannot enter a width value because the field has been disabled in the properties form, etc).

Would you please provide more details on the problem so that we can help to decide if you should seek help from Cadence or the foundry?

Best regards
    Quek

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Leona at 20 Sep 2013 02:11 AM. Topic has 1 replies.