Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How to copy/version a design into the same ConceptHDL project library?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to copy/version a design into the same ConceptHDL project library? 

Last post Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:46 AM by chwilso3. 0 replies.
Started by chwilso3 08 Sep 2013 08:46 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 272 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:46 AM

• chwilso3
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 29 2010
    • Milpitas, CA
    • Posts 9
    • Points 150
    How to copy/version a design into the same ConceptHDL project library? Reply

ConceptHDL allows you to save multiple designs in the same library for a single project.  However, I can't figure out how to completely copy a design (retaining all sch, sym, etc views) to a different name or version within the same library.

First I tried using File -> Copy Project from within the project manager.  However, when I use the same project location/name, it gives me an error saying "Same destination project cpm file overwrite not allowed when updating same hierarchy."

Then I tried using File -> View Save As from within ConceptHDL, but this appears to only copy single pages from a schematic.

I'm trying to create a single ConceptHDL project to contain a library for "design reuse", and I'd like to be able to version the designs contained within the library.   I'd like to be able to simply copy "designA" to "designB", and have all schematic pages, symbols, etc copied over into the new design.  Is this possible?

File -> View Save As also has a "Version" field that can be used to update the version on the schematic.  Is it possible to have two versions of a design in the same library with the same name? (i.e. both designs named "design" but the first with Version=1 and the second with Version=2)

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by chwilso3 at 08 Sep 2013 08:46 AM. Topic has 0 replies.