Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Virtuoso Strmout of selected cells

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Virtuoso Strmout of selected cells 

Last post Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:26 PM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Stevemc12 13 Aug 2013 01:55 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 429 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Aug 13 2013 1:55 PM

• Stevemc12
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 13 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40
    Virtuoso Strmout of selected cells Reply

Is it possible to create gds of a design for which some subcells are included and others are not? For instance, some of my subcells are vendor macros, for which I need to stream an empty reference like with "Translation Depth"=0. But other instances are part of my custom design so I need them to be included. I considered first flattening those instances into the top level, but this is undersirable because of hierarchical reuse. Is there any sort of cell list parameter that can do this?

(Virtuoso 6.1.5)

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:39 AM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,576
    • Points 15,725
    Re: Virtuoso Strmout of selected cells Reply

Hi Steve,

The content of cells from a Reference Library are not streamed out, just the instance information, so you could just put the library these cells come from in the Reference Library list for Stream Out (Stream Out Options, Libraries, Reference Libraries).

Hopefully this helps?

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Wed, Aug 14 2013 10:16 AM

• Stevemc12
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 13 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Thanks Lawrence,

I had been playing with that option, but it doesn't immediately solve my problem because I sometimes have situations where the top cell (which I need to stream) and the subcell (which I need to not stream) are in the same library. I debated copying the top cell to a scratch library first, but I worry that it could be error-prone. Right now I'm thinking I might do a full stream and then manipulate the gds file afterward to remove the definitions of cells I don't want.

• Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:26 PM

The File->Export->Stream allows you to specify a list of cells to export, and I think this in conjunction with setting the translation depth to 0 would do what you want, Might be a bit cumbersome though if you have a lot of cells...

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Stevemc12 at 13 Aug 2013 01:55 PM. Topic has 3 replies.