Home > Community > Forums > Cadence Academic Network > change pin numbers on connector

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

change pin numbers on connector 

Last post Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:35 AM by steve. 3 replies.
Started by TK2013 16 Jul 2013 09:38 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 708 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:38 AM

• TK2013
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 16 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 270
    change pin numbers on connector Reply

Hi there. I'm learning the Allegro PCB Editor. I'm trying to change the pin numbers on one of the dip 2 row connectors in the library to match with my connector that should have the all odd numbers (1,3, 5...) on one side and vice versa. Right now, I have to highlight each pin then change the text in the EDIT menu that would take me a while to change them on 86 pins. Can someone help to point out the quick way to change the whole row at one time? Thanks a lot!

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jul 25 2013 7:53 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,201
    • Points 19,555
    Re: change pin numbers on connector Reply

There are a few options to change the pin numbers. You can use Layout - renumber pins and pick the optins required in the GUI but these options are based on JEDEC_TYPE standards so the renumbering options required might not be suitable. The next option is to delete the pins and add them back in, The Layout - Pins Options menu (fold out on the right side of the screen) allows full control of adding multiple pins in one go. You can also have full control of the Pin number and increment so you could add two rows of pins 1,3,5 etc first then 2,4,6 etc. Finally you can use File - Export - CSV Pin File, make the changes in Excel then delete the pins in the filename.dra and use File - Import - CSV Pin file and import the modifred version. 

You are probably better off using the PCB Design forum for this type of question. 

• Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:22 AM

• TK2013
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 16 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 270

Thanks for your response, Steve. I'm using the PCB Designer 16.5 and could not find the CSV option in either Export or Import sub-menu. I'm wondering if I've missed something.

• Tue, Jul 30 2013 7:35 AM

• steve
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 18 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,201
    • Points 19,555

You would need 16.6 to see these new menu items.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by TK2013 at 16 Jul 2013 09:38 AM. Topic has 3 replies.