Home > Community > Forums > Cadence Academic Network > Trying to run simulations with LM565PLL "No PSpiceTemplate for U1, ignoring"

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Trying to run simulations with LM565PLL "No PSpiceTemplate for U1, ignoring" 

Last post Mon, Jul 8 2013 6:02 AM by raphaelb. 2 replies.
Started by raphaelb 08 Jul 2013 04:24 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 798 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:24 AM

• raphaelb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 8 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30
    Trying to run simulations with LM565PLL "No PSpiceTemplate for U1, ignoring" Reply

Hello.

I am having this error message under ORCAD capture lite. As suggested in previous posts, I have made a copy of the Misc.olb library from C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\capture\library to C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.5_Lite\tools\capture\library\pspice folder but the problem still remains.

Do you have any suggestion to try?

Many thanks in advance

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 5:07 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,408
    • Points 24,030
    Re: Trying to run simulations with LM565PLL "No PSpiceTemplate for U1, ignoring" Reply
    You need to get a SPICE model for the part and then reference that via the PSpiceTemplate property, just copying the library is not going to add the required properties or locate the simulation models. Why are there "two sets" of libraries? Because the "tools\Capture\library" libraries don't have the PSpiceTemplate properties, and the "tools\Capture\libraries\PSpice" libraries DO have the PSpiceTemplate properties and the simulation models to match.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 6:02 AM

• raphaelb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 8 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 30
    Re: Trying to run simulations with LM565PLL "No PSpiceTemplate for U1, ignoring" Reply
    ok, thank you for that information. But i don't understand why i get this message: "No PSpiceTemplate for U1, ignoring", if tools\Capture\libraires\Pspice libraries do have the template properties and the psice model? What do i need to do then? Thank you
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by raphaelb at 08 Jul 2013 04:24 AM. Topic has 2 replies.