Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How to insert the Blind and Burid vias in OrCAD Layout 16.0 for 4 Layers Board?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to insert the Blind and Burid vias in OrCAD Layout 16.0 for 4 Layers Board? 

Last post Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:54 PM by Dhamodharann. 2 replies.
Started by Dhamodharann 08 Jul 2013 01:49 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 745 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 1:49 AM

• Dhamodharann
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2012
    • Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,775
    How to insert the Blind and Burid vias in OrCAD Layout 16.0 for 4 Layers Board? Reply

Hi,

I am going to work on 4 layers board in OrCAD Layout.(i.e)., Top, Bottom, Pwr, Gnd. Still me was familiar with the Two layers, But i dont know to how to put the via in the 4 layer board. Me know that want to put  Blind and Burried via, but i can't able to find that option on it  in OrCAD Layout.So provide me the better solution for this problem.

Provide me some best reference book for the Multilayer Board with suitable examples.

Thanks In advance.

Thanks & Regards,

S.Dhamodharan

Filed under: ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:24 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,388
    • Points 23,645
    Re: How to insert the Blind and Burid vias in OrCAD Layout 16.0 for 4 Layers Board? Reply
    You need to define the Vias accordingly. Layout has 16 Via definitions only, you need to have "undefined" pads for the unused layers, for example, Top<>Pwr, Top<>Pwr<>Gnd, Bottom<>Gnd<>Pwr, Bottom<>Gnd, you may also want Pwr<>Gnd, and any other routing via requirements - you can quickly run out of vias. You can change the via used while routing, or after routing. Care needs to be take when "stacked" BB vias are created since Layout is not "real great" at handling this properly. You would probably be better to look at PCB Editor for Blind / Buried via designs since it was built to handle these "from the ground up".
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:54 PM

• Dhamodharann
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2012
    • Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,775
    Re: How to insert the Blind and Burid vias in OrCAD Layout 16.0 for 4 Layers Board? Reply

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Can u send me the sample example layout(.max) file which is been worked on the multilayer board.Because me and my colleague had knowledge in the layout only. 

Still me expect the basic layout of 4 layers max file for just an idea to work on it. So if you send me the .max file means it will be help full for us to work with multi layer board.Since our organization is deals with (Variable Frequency Drives& AC/DC Drives).Me expecting an good reply from you.

Thanks & Regards from 

S.Dhamodharann

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Dhamodharann at 08 Jul 2013 01:49 AM. Topic has 2 replies.