Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > How to change analysis type in Ocean?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to change analysis type in Ocean? 

Last post Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:50 PM by Honghao. 2 replies.
Started by Honghao 03 Jul 2013 02:19 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 468 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:19 PM

• Honghao
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 4 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    How to change analysis type in Ocean? Reply

Hi,

The subject may not reflect the issue I'm facing since I don't know how to describe it well in a short sentence. 

Here is a little background and the question that I have.

I'm using ocean script to run stability analysis over corners. When RC extracted netlist is being used, spectre has difficulties in finding DC operation solution. To deal with this issue, I run a transient first and then run stability analysis using the transient final state "spectre.fc" as the nodeset for stability analysis. 

The following is part of my script. My intention is to run transient analysis with one netlist where supply DC voltage is 0, and then run stability analysis with another netlist where DC voltage is back to normal. This part works fine.

My problem is that the second run in the for loop still does a transient analysis. That will take an extra five to ten minutes for nothing. I'm wondering if there is any way to eliminate the transient sim from the second run. Thank you in advance for your help! 

for(i 0 1

if( i==0

then

desVar( "avdd" 0); Set variable avdd to 0 for transient analysis

analysis('tran ?anaName "tran"  ?stop "20u"  ?errpreset "conservative"

?write "spectre.ic"  ?writefinal "spectre.fc"  ?annotate "status"  ?finalTimeOp t

?maxiters "5"  ?threshold "0.0"  ?detail "node"  ?sort "name"  )

else

desVar( "avdd" Va); Set variable avdd to Va for stability analysis

analysis('stb ?anaName "stb"  ?start "1k"  ?stop "10G"

?probe "/Idiff"  ?usingProbeMode t

?stbProbeMode "differential"  ?readns "spectre.fc"

?oppoint "rawfile"  ?annotate "status")

); end if(i == 0)

createNetlist(?recreateAll t)

run()

); end for

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:31 PM

Re: How to change analysis type in Ocean? Reply

You can use delete('analysis 'tran) to delete the transient analysis, or delete('analysis) to delete all analyses (I think, if my memory is correct).

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:50 PM

• Honghao
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 4 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: How to change analysis type in Ocean? Reply
    Hi Andrew, Thank you so much for your help!! Save me at least a day or two if I could ever figure this out on my own. I have learned quite a lot from reading your posts. It's amazing that you pretty much carry out this forum alone and have helped so many people. Thank you again! Honghao
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Honghao at 03 Jul 2013 02:19 PM. Topic has 2 replies.