Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Netlist error in orcad capture

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Netlist error in orcad capture  

Last post Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:03 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by RKARTHI 02 Jul 2013 08:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 874 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jul 2 2013 8:54 PM

• RKARTHI
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Netlist error in orcad capture Reply

Hi all,

I created Heterogeneous Part symbol in Orcad. There are 3 parts per package. When i create netlist for those parts i am not able to generate netlist.I am using OrIntegra option while creating netlist.
    I am getting below error.can anyone advice me how to solve this issue.

Netlist Format: orIntergra.dll
    ERROR [NET0054] Part U1B of type CPU_6 is packaged incorrectly with parts of another type in the U1 package.
    ERROR [NET0011] Netlist failed or may be unusable.

thanks,
    karthik.R

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:03 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,445
    • Points 24,590
    Re: Netlist error in orcad capture Reply
    It looks like you have been editing sections of the part and not using Update All when saving the changes so U1 is now built from different revisions of the CPU symbol, certainly one of the sections, CPU_6, is on it's 7th edit, and the others are different - hence the message. Use File>New>Library, save the created library to a known name and location, rather than the defalut. Go to the Design Cache, locate the latest CPU part, probably CPU_6 but could be later (CPU_7 and up), control+C on the part, go to the library just created, select the library name and Control+V to paste the part, Save the Library, rename the part to CPU and save the library again. Back in the Design Cache, right-click on each CPU_x entry and select Replace Cache, browse to the library just created and select the CPU part, OK to replace the part. Once all the sections are back in sync, you can edit the Part again to make any revisions but remember to use Update All when making any changes to keep the sections in sync.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RKARTHI at 02 Jul 2013 08:54 PM. Topic has 1 replies.