Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Lock (lck.)files

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Lock (lck.)files 

Last post Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:05 AM by Jerry GenPart. 1 replies.
Started by RonScott TI 01 Jul 2013 09:19 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 511 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jul 1 2013 9:19 AM

Lock (lck.)files Reply

All,

I need some general information on what induces a .lck file? I've run across this many times inthe past and I just delete the pesky file and move on. I've bee doing work for remote sites and a particular user (using my template) is managing to create .lck file. I having been advising the user delete the .lck or close /reload file. The .lck file doesn't seem to intefere with activity of Concept but the user thinks we can get rid of the .lck forever. Any ideas?

Ron Scott 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:05 AM

• Jerry GenPart
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 17 2008
    • Lake In The Hills, IL
    • Posts 128
    • Points 9,330
    Re: Lock (lck.)files Reply

Hi Ron,

The Design Entry HDL (DEHDL or ConceptHDL) .lck files are generated whenever a designer opens a page of a schematic. If another designer attempts to open the same page of the schematic, they will receive a warning that the page is in read-only mode and they will not be able to write to that page. At times, these .lck files become "orphans" and remain after the original designer is not longer running DEHDL. The main cause is if DEHDL crashes.

So, if you determine that nobody is actively editing the page, you may remove the .lck file(s) with no negative consequences.

Jerry G.

Regards,

Jerry
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RonScott TI at 01 Jul 2013 09:19 AM. Topic has 1 replies.