Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Capture Offpage Connectors

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Capture Offpage Connectors 

Last post Fri, Jun 28 2013 12:26 AM by pcplod. 2 replies.
Started by pcplod 27 Jun 2013 08:37 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 880 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jun 27 2013 8:37 AM

• pcplod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 5 2008
    • Posts 6
    • Points 110
    Capture Offpage Connectors Reply

When using offpage connectors I wire up an 'OUT' in one place and then obviously need an 'IN' somewhere else.

At the moment I copy the 'OUT' signal name, place a new 'IN' and then copy the signal name across.

Is there a way to copy, say, an 'OUT' offpage symbol and then simply change the symbol to be an 'IN', or the other way around obviously.

This would be so useful and cut down the chance of introducing errors in signal names.

I'm sure it could be done with Tcl but I'm quite reluctant to learn what seems to fairly obscure language just be how to do this simple thing!

Anybody with any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Cheers.

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:22 PM

• redwire
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 880
    • Points 13,550
    Re: Capture Offpage Connectors Reply

In Capture you don't really need to have an "OUT" and "IN".  Instead it is "LEFT" and "RIGHT" but OrCAD does not care which you use.  So you could just copy one set of off-page connectors, paste, then do a "Mirror Horizontally" command or...

You could place an array of "RIGHT" connectors and then copy the names from the "LEFT" connectors and paste into the "RIGHT".  How to?:

Select the LEFT connectors, ctrl-E, select the names, CTRL-INSERT (which is the old, old, old, copy command) and then select the RIGHT connectors, ctrl-E, select the OFFPAGE dummy names, and SHIFT-INSERT (old, old, old, paste command) and the connectors will now have the names attached.  You might find that some of the displayed connectors are out of order...

HTH

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jun 28 2013 12:26 AM

• pcplod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 5 2008
    • Posts 6
    • Points 110
    Re: Capture Offpage Connectors Reply

redwire,

The multiple copy kind of works but to be honest I spent more time sorting out the reordered names than it probably would have done copying each name one by one !

Thanks for your input though.  

( I'll have a look to see if I can make a LEFT/RIGHT that still looks ok when mirrored ) 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by pcplod at 27 Jun 2013 08:37 AM. Topic has 2 replies.