Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > Is there a way to specify antenna info for top-level terminals?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Is there a way to specify antenna info for top-level terminals? 

Last post Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:47 AM by VKhlyupin. 1 replies.
Started by FriendFX 17 Jun 2013 08:02 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 529 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:02 PM

• FriendFX
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 7 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Is there a way to specify antenna info for top-level terminals? Reply

Hi, I'm using Encounter to build a digital block. I have placed the top-level terminals using "editPin" commands and that works fine. After building the block and integrating it with the rest of the chip (and running it through Calibre), I get antenna violations for some of these terminals which feed into gates which are not "known" by Encounter because they're outside of the block built by Encounter.

I guess the easiest way to deal with that problem would be adding antenna information to the top-level terminals which feed into gates to make Encounter "jump" up to top metal just before connecting to the terminal. But I am not sure how or if that is possible at all to add/modify antenna information.

I looked into "dbSet", but all antenna information seems to be read-only and for the top-level terminals, there doesn't even seem to be any antenna information attached to them at all: "dbGet [dbGet -p1 top.terms.name {adc_out_o[9]}].antennas" returns 0x0.

Any ideas?

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:47 AM

• VKhlyupin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 5 2013
    • Posts 9
    • Points 120
    Re: Is there a way to specify antenna info for top-level terminals? Reply

Comon practice is to use abstract generator (just  type "abstract" in terminal) between "building the block" and "integrating it with the rest of the chip". With caorrect setup it produce LEF with antenna data.

Another way is extend your LEF with antenna data manualy for each pin. If your designis have no a lot of pins and should be integrated in cramped environmentyou can use not real but small enough values for each pin antena parameters.

Hope it helps.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by FriendFX at 17 Jun 2013 08:02 PM. Topic has 1 replies.