Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Skill command to check to an instance of pcell got PcellEvalFailed.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Skill command to check to an instance of pcell got PcellEvalFailed. 

Last post Mon, Jun 24 2013 4:44 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by cessej 14 Jun 2013 03:04 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 720 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Jun 14 2013 3:04 AM

• cessej
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 8 2009
    • Posts 42
    • Points 690
    Skill command to check to an instance of pcell got PcellEvalFailed. Reply

Hi,

I searched the Cadence Manual but I can't find the right command/solution to check if a pcell instance got PcellEvalFailed.

Please help.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jun 18 2013 12:24 PM

• theopaone
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 12 2013
    • Cedar Park, TX
    • Posts 77
    • Points 1,160
    Re: Skill command to check to an instance of pcell got PcellEvalFailed. Reply

In IC6.x failed evaluation will put a marker in the master of the instance. Check the master for markers:

instId~>master~>markers

If any exist, you may have to check the owner/value of the marker to make sure it is a pcellEvaFailed marker.

To create a test marker, use printf inside your pcell code. The print statement will create a marker with the pcellEvalFailed attributes.

Ted

• Sun, Jun 23 2013 6:24 PM

• cessej
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 8 2009
    • Posts 42
    • Points 690

I instantiated a pcell with wrong parameter value then type this in CIW, which gets nil.

car(geGetSelectedSet())~>master~>markers

• Mon, Jun 24 2013 4:44 AM

Actually, pcellEvalFailed messages are added using "old school" markers (i.e. a shape on the marker/error layer) rather than using OA markers.

car(exists(lpp car(geGetSelSet())~>master~>lpps lpp~>layerName=="marker" && lpp~>purpose=="error"))~>shapes

If this is non-nil, there are shapes on the marker/error layer. You can do the above with ~>errorDesc on the end to get the description of the error:

car(exists(lpp car(geGetSelSet())~>master~>lpps lpp~>layerName=="marker" && lpp~>purpose=="error"))~>shapes~>errorDesc

("(\"quotient\" 0 t nil (\"*Error* quotient: Attempted to divide by zero\" (0 0)))")

(for example).

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by cessej at 14 Jun 2013 03:04 AM. Topic has 3 replies.