Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Working with DC sweeps and OP

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Working with DC sweeps and OP 

Last post Thu, Jun 13 2013 10:56 PM by analogdesign. 6 replies.
Started by analogdesign 30 May 2013 11:19 AM. Topic has 6 replies and 1142 views
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, May 30 2013 11:19 AM

Working with DC sweeps and OP Reply

Hello sir,

In  DC sweep (65nm technology)  I saved the operating points by including M0.m1:oppoint  in x.scs file. I am not able to plot the small signal parameters from calculator, but the same parameters i can plot from result browser. I hope i am clear. can u please respond. 

satya

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, May 30 2013 12:07 PM

Re: Working with DC sweeps and OP Reply

You can send the "signal" for the operating point parameter from the results browser to the calculator - then you can post-process it however you like. 

By the way, the previous post in this thread mentioned the forum guidelines, which suggest you don't post on the end of an old thread, and also suggest that you state the version of the software that you're using - with that I would have been able to advise how to send the result to the calculator (it could be three different ways, depending on the version you're using - with 5141 it would be good to know if using AWD or wavescan)

regards,

Andrew 

• Wed, Jun 5 2013 2:28 AM

Working with DC sweeps and OP Reply

Hello sir,

sorry for my delay in responding. I am working on virtuoso 6.1.3, in ADE XL environment. And i am using wavescan.

when i take the signal in calculator it looks like getdata("M1/m1:ids" ?result "dc-dc"). When i try to plot the signal 

from calculator i get the following message in icfb window

expression evalution failed: expression evalutes to nil

Moreover i save operating points in DC sweep using save M0.m1:all

satya

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Jun 6 2013 1:51 AM

DC sweep: plot from calculator Reply

Hello sir,

sorry for my delay in responding. I am working on virtuoso 6.1.3, in ADE XL environment. And i am using wavescan.

when i take the signal in calculator it looks like getdata("M1/m1:ids" ?result "dc-dc"). When i try to plot the signal 

from calculator i get the following message in icfb window

expression evalution failed: expression evalutes to nil

"getData(\"/M1/m1:ids\" ?result \"dc-dc\")"nil

Moreover i save operating points in DC sweep using save M0.m1:all

satya

• Mon, Jun 10 2013 10:02 AM

Re: DC sweep: plot from calculator Reply

I've sorted out all your separate threads and posts in multiple forums, and separated it from the original (old) post. Please read the forum guidelines.

Did you try using getData("M0.m1:ids" ?result "dc") ?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Jun 12 2013 2:45 AM

Re: DC sweep: plot from calculator Reply

Hai sir,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion.  Didn't work in calculator, but the same thing i tried in the script. 

ocnScript generated from ADE XL environment

selectResult('dc)
    ocnxlOutputTerminal( "/M0/d" ?plot t ?save t)
    ocnxlOutputExpr( "getData(\"M0.m1:gm\" ?result \"dc-dc\")" ?plot t ?save t)
    ocnxlOutputExpr( "getData(\"M0.m1:gds\" ?result \"dc-dc\")" ?plot t ?save t)
    ocnxlOutputExpr( "(getData(\"M0.m1:gm\" ?result \"dc-dc\") / getData(\"M0.m1:gds\" ?result \"dc-dc\"))" ?plot t ?save t)
    ocnxlEndTest() ; "65nm_design:65_amplifier:1"

Problem is the graph pop's up with all the plots and disappears. I was tryig to solve the issue. I am very new to ocean script. can you please suggest me the solution to sort out the issue.

satya

• Thu, Jun 13 2013 10:56 PM

DC sweep: plot from calculator Reply

Hai sir,

thank you for your solution.

satya

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by analogdesign at 30 May 2013 11:19 AM. Topic has 6 replies.