Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > Problem in running tests with different stimulus together in ADE XL

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Problem in running tests with different stimulus together in ADE XL 

Last post Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:49 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by Parameswaran 04 Jun 2013 02:19 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 962 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:19 AM

Problem in running tests with different stimulus together in ADE XL Reply

I am simulating an opamp in ADE XL. I am using differential stimulus to get differential gain in one test & common mode input stimulus for common mode gain in another test. The inputs are provided through user defined stimulus files.When I run these tests together in ADE XL I get an erroneous output. But when I run them separately I get the expected output.Can anyone help me overcome this?

I would prefer running both differential and common mode gain calculation in a single test but I don't know how to handle multiple stimulus files in a single test.Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Parameswaran

Filed under: , , ,
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 3:34 PM

Re: Problem in running tests with different stimulus together in ADE XL Reply

Parameswaran,

Without knowing what goes wrong, it's hard to advise. I can't see any good reason why you should not be able to have two tests with different stimulus files.

Having two different stimulus files in the same test doesn't make much sense because you've only got one circuit in each test. If the topology is the same and the parameters are different, you could do that, but not different topologies in the same test.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Jun 5 2013 4:38 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Both tests use the same schematic.One uses a coomon mode input stimulus and the other differential.When i set them up and run them together in ADE XL,(with auto-plot after simulation checked) ,the common mode simulation(which comes first in the output setup) is plotted correctly but the differential gain output  is stuck at 6.25 kdB.However when i replot the same results from the results window, using the graph icon in "Nominal" column, the plot for diff gain comes as expected (60dB gain). Why is this happening?

Also, how do I probe the same inputs with two different stimuli in a single test?

Thanks in advance,

Parameswaran

• Mon, Jun 10 2013 6:49 AM

No idea. We'd have to see the data (so suggest you contact customer support).

And I already said that you can't have two different stimuli in a single test.

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Parameswaran at 04 Jun 2013 02:19 AM. Topic has 3 replies.