Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > SKILL code to parameterize a property(e.g. w,l) of an instance in schematic which reflects in the netlist

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SKILL code to parameterize a property(e.g. w,l) of an instance in schematic which reflects in the netlist 

Last post Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:00 PM by Atul Dwivedi. 2 replies.
Started by Atul Dwivedi 04 Jun 2013 12:31 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 677 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Jun 4 2013 12:31 AM

SKILL code to parameterize a property(e.g. w,l) of an instance in schematic which reflects in the netlist Reply

Hi all,

As the subject suggests, I want to insert parameters in a design to run further analisis (with the netlist). For the ease of the user, it is more instructive to somehow insert the parameters at the schematic level and get those parameters in the netlist ((IC6.1.5.500.132).  

I have done the following progress till now :

selectedObject=geGetSelSet()

selectedObject~>w="1.00*param1" ;;;;1.00 is mandatory scaling factor

However, this approach is not always working. While doing "check and save", I do get many errors of some parameters getting out of range (not the ones I have perturbed). Can anyone else suggest a more elegant and safe approach? 

Regards,
    Atul 

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jun 12 2013 8:40 AM

• theopaone
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 12 2013
    • Cedar Park, TX
    • Posts 122
    • Points 1,815
    Re: SKILL code to parameterize a property(e.g. w,l) of an instance in schematic which reflects in the netlist Reply

Hi Atul

Can you explain what you are doing better?

Where does param1 get set?

Is w a CDF parameter on the instance masters and what is its type?

Can you give examples of the errors your getting with C&S ?

Thanks

Ted

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jun 12 2013 10:00 PM

Re: SKILL code to parameterize a property(e.g. w,l) of an instance in schematic which reflects in the netlist Reply
    Hi Ted, Thanks for taking interest in such an old thread. However I recently realized that the errors which I was getting were due to some mistake in my script itself which I overlooked earlier. 'w' is the CDF parameter denoting width of MOS. param1 gets a value in the netlist. I add a few lines like .param param1=10u at the end before launching the simulator. The above approach selObj~>w="1*param1" is working perfectly fine for me now, except for the warning while netlisting: "param1 not set". (the catch was perhaps 'w' is a float, but is stored as a string!) Anyways, thanks for taking interest. Regards, Atul
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Atul Dwivedi at 04 Jun 2013 12:31 AM. Topic has 2 replies.