Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > SKILL command to get the netlist.cir file (IC6.1.5.500.132 and eldo 12.1_1)

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

SKILL command to get the netlist.cir file (IC6.1.5.500.132 and eldo 12.1_1) 

Last post Mon, Jun 3 2013 2:01 AM by Atul Dwivedi. 2 replies.
Started by Atul Dwivedi 03 Jun 2013 12:33 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 775 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Jun 3 2013 12:33 AM

SKILL command to get the netlist.cir file (IC6.1.5.500.132 and eldo 12.1_1) Reply

Hi there,

First of all, I want to thank people in this forum for their voluntary support and suggestion, which has helped me a lot in learning SKILL. I am still a newbie, so please bear with me, as this is my first post!

Coming to the question: I want the netlist.cir file for the current schematic which is drawn, so that I can copy it somewhere else and do some further manipulation and run similations. 

Research done till now: I have searched this forum and found the following code closest to the solution, but it has some limitations:

isession=sevSession(hiGetCurrentWindow())  

cirFilePath=car(sevNetlistFile(isession 'display))

Limitations:

-While calling the  sevNetlistFile() I am always greeted with an AMS output window showing the netlist, which is not desirable for a script running in the background.

-The sevNetlistFile() shows the circuit file path only when called with 'display switch. Hence everytime a change is done in the netlist, I will have to call sevNetlistFile(isession 'create) followed by sevNetlistFile(isession 'display), which will end up showing the AMS windows to the user twice.

So any other approach, in which I can get the updated netlist file from schematic in the background without bothering the user, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Atul 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 3 2013 1:43 AM

Re: SKILL command to get the netlist.cir file (IC6.1.5.500.132 and eldo 12.1_1) Reply

Hi Atul,

asiSess=asiGetCurrentSession()
    cirFilePath=strcat(asiGetNetlistDir(asiSess) "/" asiGetSimInputFileName(asiSess))

Note, this is not creating the netlist, but getting the path to the netlist.

Alternatively, if you want to create it, you can use these OCEAN functions:

simulator('eldoD)
    design(libName cellName viewName "r")
    cirFilePath=createNetlist(?display nil)

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jun 3 2013 2:01 AM

Re: SKILL command to get the netlist.cir file (IC6.1.5.500.132 and eldo 12.1_1) Reply
    Thanks a lot Mr. Andrew. It worked as expected and required.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Atul Dwivedi at 03 Jun 2013 12:33 AM. Topic has 2 replies.