Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > DIVA LVS Problem After Installing Assura

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

DIVA LVS Problem After Installing Assura 

Last post Tue, May 28 2013 6:52 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by eame 27 May 2013 04:33 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 719 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, May 27 2013 4:33 AM

• eame
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 27 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50
    DIVA LVS Problem After Installing Assura Reply

Hi, I'm a beginner and i'm trying to explain my problem as best i can. I use IC615 and Assura 41. After installing and putting Assura into my system (set environment variable ASSURAHOME) diva does not work properly. After i go from verify/LVS.., first there's some buttons missing from the diva LVS window, there're like half buttons missing from the window. The extracted view was matched with the schematic before. But after installing assura i could not use verify/LVS to match any cell. And when i ran lvs i get something like this:

"Unrecognized input "No" in the netlist"

In the netlist of the layout it says a bunch of

"No element format property found for element /+1924" "No element format property found for element /+1923"...

It's like the netlist could not be recognized any more by diva. I thought this is a problem caused by Assura. i deleted the environment variables(ASSURAHOME) to block assura. But the problem is still there. 

I mean is it normal that after installing assra that diva changed? Or after installing assura all the diva rule file has to be converted to assura?

Thanks in advance 

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, May 27 2013 8:46 AM

Re: DIVA LVS Problem After Installing Assura Reply

Did you have:

setenv CDS_Netlisting_Mode Analog

set prior to running virtuoso? What do you get if you type:

cdsGetNetlistMode()

in the CIW? I doubt this has anything to do with Assura.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, May 27 2013 3:10 PM

• eame
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 27 2013
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Thank you very much Andrew!

I did put export CDS_Netlisting_Mode=Analog in my bash. But I put it in the bottom of the file. When I put it in the beginning(before export PATH=$MMSIM_ROOT=/tools/bin:$PATH and others) everything works fine. It's strange I mean is there anything relevant of the order of how you do things in the bash file? Which one you should set at first? MMSIM CDS and Netlisting Mode? 

• Tue, May 28 2013 6:52 AM

One minute it was Assura, and the next it was MMSIM? It's unlikely it is due to either of these...

The order of setting two different UNIX environment variables will have no effect. The simple thing is to check what the value of $CDS_Netlisting_Mode is in the shell prior to launching virtuoso. If it's not set to "Analog", then something in your environment is unsetting it or setting it to something else. That's what you'll need to track down. Setting PATH will not change CDS_Netlisting_Mode.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by eame at 27 May 2013 04:33 AM. Topic has 3 replies.