Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > About Observing the Transposed Wave Family Plots in Monte Carlo Sim

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

About Observing the Transposed Wave Family Plots in Monte Carlo Sim 

Last post Mon, May 27 2013 2:58 AM by canbaltaci. 2 replies.
Started by canbaltaci 21 May 2013 05:59 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 729 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, May 21 2013 5:59 AM

About Observing the Transposed Wave Family Plots in Monte Carlo Sim Reply

Hello,

I am using ADE 5.10.41.

My purpose is to make a Monte Carlo simulation of an inverter and plot the DC Input-Output Voltage transfer characteristic. Also, I would like to plot the transposed (i.e. y vs x plotted) wave to see the butterfly curves under process variations and device mismatch so that I can observe the noise margin of the inverter (biggest square criteria).

For this I used two different functions that I found on the net which are

- abChangeXAxis.il

- abTransposeXY.il

For a single DC run, I can get the outputs (wave) and plot them as I expected. However, when I make a Monte Carlo simulations by checking save data between runs to allow family plots I only see one sample of the transposed transfer characteristics.However, I would like to see all samples of waves of both in-out and transposed in-out transfer characteristics on the same x-y axis. (To see them on the same plot is another problem by the way)

Could you please help me?

I also attached an image to be more clear.

Best regards,

Can Baltaci

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, May 21 2013 1:18 PM

Re: About Observing the Transposed Wave Family Plots in Monte Carlo Sim Reply

My guess is that the expression you used was incorrect, and was referring to the nominal results rather than the results for the entire monte carlo family.

What was the expression you were plotting? That was the important bit of information you omitted, unfortunately.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, May 27 2013 2:58 AM

Re: About Observing the Transposed Wave Family Plots in Monte Carlo Sim Reply

Dear Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

I am writing my output expressions below with their explanations:

In =  VS("/V_in") ;     V_in is a net name.

Out = VS("/V_out") ;     V_out is a net name.

curve1 = abTransposeXY(Out)

curve2= abChangeXAxis(In Out)

curve1 and curve2 are the curves that I would like to see each sample after Monte Carlo sim. I hope these are the necessary info that you need.

Best regards,

Can

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by canbaltaci at 21 May 2013 05:59 AM. Topic has 2 replies.