Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Add custom include file in netlist when doing NEtlist and Run from ADE

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Add custom include file in netlist when doing NEtlist and Run from ADE 

Last post Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:33 AM by Andrew Beckett. 10 replies.
Started by Rajesh Vasudev 02 May 2013 10:30 PM. Topic has 10 replies and 1525 views
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, May 2 2013 10:30 PM

Add custom include file in netlist when doing NEtlist and Run from ADE Reply
    Is there a way to add custom include files in the netlist when user does Netlist and Run in a ADE session
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, May 29 2013 4:00 AM

Re: Add custom include file in netlist when doing NEtlist and Run from ADE Reply

Can you not just use Setup->Model Libraries or Setup->Simulation Files (Definition Files) to do this?

Andrew.

• Wed, May 29 2013 4:16 AM

Re: Add custom include file in netlist when doing NEtlist and Run from ADE Reply

i can do that via skill .But if i do ADE ->netlist and run i dont see netlist getting updated with model files included in model libs.Every time i need to do ADE->recreate netlist for model changes in netlist

• Wed, May 29 2013 4:54 AM

The netlist wouldn't get updated if you edit one of the included files - there's no need, since it hasn't changed.

However, I suspect that what you're saying is that if you have set up a file to be included via Model Libraries or Definition file, and then edit that file between runs, you don't see the impact of any change? If so, that's a consequence of spectre running in "interactive" mode. In "interactive" mode, spectre does not exit after each simulation, so that a parameter change can be efficiently re-run by just changing the value in spectre's memory rather than having to start from scratch.

So if you are editing the file, you either can use the Edit button on the Setup->Model Libraries form (this will tell ADE that the file has changed, and hence spectre must be restarted), or you can just hit the Simulation->Stop menu before running again, or you could use:

envSetVal("spectre.envOpts" "controlMode" 'string "batch")

before starting ADE (but this will reduce performance a bit if you are doing parametric sweeps and so on - but these days it should not be that significant).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, May 29 2013 10:06 PM

The problem statement i have is that ..

-->I update model libraries with 10 files initially via SKILL.Then i update the model library remove 5 model files.(Not the content  ,but just remove it from model library list).When i do ADE ->netlist and run and  see the generated netlist the netlist still has 10 files insted of five files .ie even if i  ,add model files or remove files from model library list via SKILL;  am not seeing that impact in the generated netlist after i do ADE->netlist and run ..

• Wed, May 29 2013 11:16 PM

Re: Add custom include file in netlist when doing Netlist and Run from ADE Reply

OK. Understood. Can you share the SKILL code that is adding or deleting the model files? The problem could well be a consequence of how you are doing that - because doing this from the UI doesn't show this problem, and the UI is simply calling SKILL functions to achieve the same. 

Thanks,

Andrew

• Wed, May 29 2013 11:26 PM

Re: Add custom include file in netlist when doing Netlist and Run from ADE Reply

session=asiGetCurrentSession() 

llist= asiGetEnvOptionVal( session ’modelFiles ) this gives list tof list of model file name  and section name if any

;do append this lllist

llist=append(llist list(list("some include file")) )

asiSetEnvOptionVal(session 'modelFiles llist)

• Fri, May 31 2013 6:27 AM

This works fine for me - I've tried it and it notices the change, What subversion are you using (getVersion(t) in the CIW will tell you)?

Thanks,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, May 31 2013 6:30 AM

And in fact even Simulation->Run picks up the change (which is what I'd expect). This is handled by the netlist assembly phase, not the actual netlisting - so even doing a "Netlist" is not needed. I'm using 6.1.5.500.16.2 (latest ISR of IC615) - but I'm surprised that this doesn't work for you...

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Jun 3 2013 2:38 AM

I am using sub-version  IC6.1.5.16.Its not working as ex[ected..

Regards

Rajesh 

• Mon, Jun 3 2013 3:33 AM

Rajesh,

I assume that you really meant 6.1.5.500.16.2 (since there is no 6.1.5.16 subversion), and in that case you're using the same version as me. I can't see any good reason for your problem, so maybe somebody needs to take a look at the bigger picture of what you're doing.

The best solution would be to contact customer support.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Rajesh Vasudev at 02 May 2013 10:30 PM. Topic has 10 replies.