Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADE L: could not open logFiles during a parametric sweep on a transient simulation

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADE L: could not open logFiles during a parametric sweep on a transient simulation 

Last post Thu, May 2 2013 5:51 PM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by apple419 30 Apr 2013 09:09 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 812 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:09 AM

• apple419
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 19 2013
    • Norristown, PA
    • Posts 35
    • Points 550
    ADE L: could not open logFiles during a parametric sweep on a transient simulation Reply
    Hi cadence ADE L suers,

My cadence is installed on Redhat linux and I am running Virtuoso 615.

When I do a parametric test (sweep temperature) on a transient simulation, the simulation stopped after the first temperature point successfully run. I got a message in CIW window saying

*Error* Could not open logFile: /home/users/proj1/design1/simulation/test1/spectre/schematic/psf/artistLogFile

I checked that file and it is empty. When I closed that file it says E72: Close error on swap file.

Does it mean I don’t have enough swap space? Seems like the simulator is filling up the partition when this happens.

But cat /proc/swap shows the following:

Filename       Type          Size          Used     Priority

/dev/sda3     partition      2096472  615944      -1

According to this I should have enough space, right? What does -1 priority mean?

Thanks for your help.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:43 AM

Re: ADE L: could not open logFiles during a parametric sweep on a transient simulation Reply

The most likely situation is that you've filled your disk up, or run out of quota. It can't open the log file because it can't write to the directory, probably because it is full.

The "E72: Close error on swap file" is an error message from vim (do a google search), again caused by the fact that the swap file that vim uses (a dot file in the same directory as the file) can't be created. It's nothing to do with /proc/swap. Not sure what -1 means, but that's totally irrelevant - it's nothing to do with the OS Swap.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Thu, May 2 2013 2:40 PM

• apple419
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 19 2013
    • Norristown, PA
    • Posts 35
    • Points 550
    Re: ADE L: could not open logFiles during a parametric sweep on a transient simulation Reply

Hi Andrew,

You are right. It was because the disk quota was exceeded. Once I made more room in my account, simulation is running again.

Today I got another error message, which is shown below:

ERROR (ADE-3036): Errors encountered during simulation. The simulator run log has not been generated.

Possible cause could be an invalid command line option for the version of the simulator

you are running. Choose Setup->Environment and verify that the command line options

specified in the userCmdLineOption field are supported for the simulator.

Alternatively, run the simulator standalone using the runSimulation file in the netlist

directory to know the exact cause of the error.

What does this really mean? This simulation was correct and running fine previously. Today something is not right.

Thanks

Apple419 

• Thu, May 2 2013 5:51 PM

Did you exceed your quota again? Seems the most likely explanation. 
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by apple419 at 30 Apr 2013 09:09 AM. Topic has 3 replies.