Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ViVa print to PDF/Postscript Messes Up Labels

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ViVa print to PDF/Postscript Messes Up Labels 

Last post Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:52 AM by danmc. 0 replies.
Started by danmc 26 Apr 2013 09:52 AM. Topic has 0 replies and 578 views
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:52 AM

• danmc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 19 2013
    • Posts 13
    • Points 200
    ViVa print to PDF/Postscript Messes Up Labels Reply

I am using IC6.1.5.500.14.  I have a ViVa window with 4 subwindows.  I have added labels to some of these windows.  I can right click the label and pick "graph label properties..." and change the font which changes how it appears on the screen.  However, when I print to either postscript or PDF, I end up with a teeny font for the labels making it hard to see.  Is there a way to fix this?

In a related note, I used to use some skill code which I would either call from Ocean scripts or by typing in the CIW window back in IC5 days to produce a postscript file of a waveform window.  It was nice and simple:

myEpsFile("/tmp/myfile.eps")

and it would give me a consistently size, aspect ratio, etc file.  That was with awd for the viewer.  It seemed to work well in the face of black backgrounds on the screen but still give me a white background in the file (needed to avoid using all the toner when printing).  Also my subwindows all showed up as configured.  I haven't been successful in getting this to work in IC61* and am feeling frustrated by that.  My old code just made a call to hiResizeWindow() to set the aspect ratio, a few calls to hardCopyOptions, and then a call to hardCopy() to do the actual print to eps.  

Any suggestions on either of these?

Thanks

-Dan

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by danmc at 26 Apr 2013 09:52 AM. Topic has 0 replies.