Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > stream out pcell with custom procedures

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

stream out pcell with custom procedures 

Last post Wed, Apr 17 2013 7:34 AM by theopaone. 1 replies.
Started by RVERP 17 Apr 2013 02:29 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 610 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Apr 17 2013 2:29 AM

• RVERP
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 24 2011
    • Posts 27
    • Points 465
    stream out pcell with custom procedures Reply

I have some pcells in my layout that use custom procedures.  These procedures are loaded in the libInit.il file.  But even then if I generate a gds, I have following error in my log file :

WARNING (472): Pcell evaluation failed. This could have happened as a result of either a syntax error or the use of an unsupported PIPO function in Pcell SKILL code. Only db*() and rod*() functions can be used in Pcell SKILL code. The Pcell evaluation error in this case is ignored because the 'Ignore Pcell evaluation failure' option is selected in Stream In/Out Options.

Is there something else you must do when streaming out a pcell with custom procedures?

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Apr 17 2013 7:34 AM

• theopaone
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 12 2013
    • Cedar Park, TX
    • Posts 85
    • Points 1,230
    Re: stream out pcell with custom procedures Reply

There are limits to the SKILL commands that are usable in pcells. They include the basic SKILL operators, the db, tech, rod, pc and cdf commands. These command prefixes are documented in one of the pcell documents. These commands are available in all tool contexts. Other command prefixes such as xl and le are only available in interactive tool contexts. You may be using some of those in your pcell custom code.

Generating GDS2 from batch means that you do not have access to the interactive commands as they are not loaded. Check your SKILL for these commands. You may also get an idea of which command from the error message or from the log file. Search for it and replace it.

Ted

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by RVERP at 17 Apr 2013 02:29 AM. Topic has 1 replies.