Home > Community > Forums > Hardware/Software Co-Development, Verification and Integration > Pspice encrypted model doesn't work but the non-encrypted model works fine

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Pspice encrypted model doesn't work but the non-encrypted model works fine 

Last post Thu, Apr 11 2013 10:08 AM by Moduser. 2 replies.
Started by Moduser 11 Apr 2013 09:35 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 1073 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:35 AM

• Moduser
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 11 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Pspice encrypted model doesn't work but the non-encrypted model works fine Reply

Hi,

I am testing the encyption feature of the Pspice model editor with a simple subckt model. I put the non-encrypted model file in one directory, and the encrypted model file in the other. Both have same file name and subckt name. Then I made a very simple circuit to test it. Since the two model files are in different paths, when I run simulation, I only need to change the path, everything else in the test circuit remains the same.

The non-encrypted model works fine with a nice plot. When I change the path to the encrypted model, the simulation stopped with an error:

ERROR(ORPSIM-16152): Invalid number.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. The model files have .spi suffix. I used .include in the test circuit.

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:56 AM

• paragc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 4 2009
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 23
    • Points 295
    Re: Pspice encrypted model doesn't work but the non-encrypted model works fine Reply

There is a known issue if there is no new line in between .model and .param.

Please make sure you have picked the latest software update ISR on the release use are using. Recommended release is 16.6 S006 

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Apr 11 2013 10:08 AM

• Moduser
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 11 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: Pspice encrypted model doesn't work but the non-encrypted model works fine Reply

Thanks a lot.

My version is 16.5. When you say new line between .model and .param, does it mean as long as they are two seperate lines, it should be fine? 

My model is constructed this way:

.SUBCKT myfet d g s

.param w={1e-6}

.param l={1e-6}

.model mymos nmos

+ ....

.ends myfet

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Moduser at 11 Apr 2013 09:35 AM. Topic has 2 replies.