Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Documentation for skill functions

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Documentation for skill functions 

Last post Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:06 PM by TauStudent. 2 replies.
Started by TauStudent 06 Apr 2013 03:00 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 942 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sat, Apr 6 2013 3:00 AM

Documentation for skill functions Reply

Hello, i am very new to Unix, Lisp and skill programing and having trouble with finding documentation for many skill functions i come across

this time it's dbOpenCellViewByType ,can anyone refer me to a document that explains what are the optional parameters and their influence,

i tried google searching but couldn't find anything basic enough

Thanks !

• Post Points: 20
  • Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:21 AM

Re: Documentation for skill functions Reply

Did you try using the Help menu within Virtuoso and then searching the documentation for the function name?

If using IC61X you have cdnshelp which you can invoke from the command line, and you can search in that. Or if using IC5141 you can run cdsdoc. Or you can search on Cadence Online Support. If you have multiple streams in your path, you might want to make sure you explicitly run <ICinstDir>/tools/bin/cdnshelp (or cdsdoc) to ensure you pick up the right docs.

Or if that's too tough (it really shouldn't be), the docs are in <ICinstDir>/doc . This function (and other database functions) are in <ICinstDir>/doc/skdfref/skdfref.pdf . You might also want to have a good read of the SKILL Language User Guide which is in <ICinstDir>/doc/sklanguser/sklanguser.pdf .

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:06 PM

Re: Documentation for skill functions Reply

Thanks for the answer,

I found skdfref.pdf and skuiref.pdf and so far they contained all the documentation i needed

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by TauStudent at 06 Apr 2013 03:00 AM. Topic has 2 replies.