Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Selecting Instance one after other

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Selecting Instance one after other 

Last post Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:42 PM by Neeraj Vardhan. 9 replies.
Started by Neeraj Vardhan 05 Apr 2013 03:14 AM. Topic has 9 replies and 1224 views
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Apr 5 2013 1:53 AM

Selecting instances in schematic Reply

Hi, 

I was thinking if there is any method, that i can select instance in a particular order and save there db and width and length information, in required sequence. 

Regards 

Neeraj 

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Apr 5 2013 3:14 AM

Selecting Instance one after other Reply

Hi,

I would like to select instances in a specific order and save the order. I want to use a bindkey which will help me select both in schematic or in layout to select instances in a specific order. 

Regards

Neeraj  

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Apr 5 2013 10:59 PM

Re: Selecting Instance one after other Reply

The Forum Guidelines tell you not to cross-post in multiple forums, so please don't do that.

It's not that clear what you want - but can't you just do shift-left mouse click to add onto the selection one at a time, and then geGetSelSet() will return the objects in the order you want. If you want to get info about the selected instances, you could do:

geGetSelSet()~>w

or if you wanted to get the instance name, w and l properties, you could do:

instInfo=foreach(mapcar inst geGetSelSet() list(inst~>name inst~>w inst~>l))

In my case, that returns:

(("NM11" "1.2u" "280n")
        ("NM10" "1.2u" "280n")
        ("NM7" "1.2u" "280n")
        ("NM6" "1.2u" "280n")
    )

which was the order I selected them in.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sat, Apr 6 2013 4:50 AM

Hi Andrew,

I had this in my mind, but what i want is same bindkey for both schematic and layout.

ex : hiSetBindkey("Layout" "<key>s" "function()") & hiSetBindkey("Schematic" "<key>s" "function()")

so that i dont have to use different bindkeys for layout and schematic.

Regards

Neeraj Vardhan 

• Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:10 AM

Hi Neeraj,

OK, so you know how to select things sequentially, you know how to print out information from the selected set, and you know how to define a bindkey - it's not clear (to me at least) what you still need to know?

A clear question is much more likely to result in a clear answer, I'm afraid.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:11 PM

Hi Andrew,

I was using the name "Schematic" instead of "Schematics" in the bindkey. That was the reason, procedure was not working for my Schematic window.

I have one more question

1. How to pass CDF parameters from shcematic to layout.

Regards

Neeraj 

• Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:29 PM

Neeraj,

deGetViewType() will tell you "schematic" or "maskLayout", or hiGetAppType(hiGetCurrentWindow()) will return the same prefix as used for bindkey registration (i.e. "Schematics" or "Layout").

I'm not sure what you mean by your second (now first, since you've edited your post) question. What are you trying to do?

Andrew.

• Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:36 PM

Hi Andrew,

Actually i got the first one by "view=cvID~>viewName". So i edited the post, sorry. Is there any way i could inform about the editing done.

Actually my second problem is, i want to call the instance selected in schematic to layout. So i wanted to access the CDF parameters and copy them to layout window.

Regards

Neeraj 

• Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:39 PM

Neeraj,

How about dbCopyProp()? This will then allow you to copy all the instance properties from one instance to another (e.g the schematic instance to your new layout instance).

As for editing the post, there's no way to send a notifier other than posting a new append. Don't worry though... I should have checked before I started typing!

Regards,

Andrew.

• Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:42 PM

Thanks Andrew, I would keep in mind while posting this. Regards Neeraj Vardhan
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Neeraj Vardhan at 05 Apr 2013 03:14 AM. Topic has 9 replies.