Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > spectre: is it possible to save different nodes for tran and dc. in the same simulation file.

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

spectre: is it possible to save different nodes for tran and dc. in the same simulation file. 

Last post Fri, Apr 5 2013 10:42 PM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by lzyc 27 Mar 2013 04:29 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1158 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:29 PM

• lzyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 8 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    spectre: is it possible to save different nodes for tran and dc. in the same simulation file. Reply

I run tran. and dc. in the same simulatin file.  I want to save all the nodes for DC simulation. But only save selected nodes for transient simulation to save disk space. is it possible?  

I tried several ways, but both tran. and dc. save the same nodes as long as they are in one simulation file. 

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:44 AM

Re: spectre: is it possible to save different nodes for tran and dc. in the same simulation file. Reply

Yes, you can do this. In the Save Options form, ask it to save selected, and then pick which outputs to be saved - i.e. what you've been doing already.

Then on the options form for the dc analysis, set the "save" parameter to "allpub" (or "all"). The specific option for the analysis will win over the global default.

This is equivalent to adding save=allpub on the dc analysis line itself in the netlist.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:21 AM

• lzyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Dec 8 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 80
    Re: spectre: is it possible to save different nodes for tran and dc. in the same simulation file. Reply

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your replay. Your suggestion solves most of my probelms. Except for one. One of my purpose for dc is to check the currents for each terminals. I do not want to save these terminal current in tran.  If I set save=all in dc analysis, I believe it will save all the node voltages but not all terminal currents.  If I set currents=all in options statement, spectre will save all the terminal currents even in the tran, which I do not want.  Do you have solution to save terminal currents only for dc (not for tran)?

Thanks,

lzyc 

• Fri, Apr 5 2013 10:42 PM

Izyc,

This is not currently possible - it really needs a currents parameter to be able to be specified on each analysis. So please contact customer support so that we can file an enhancement request on your behalf.

Thanks,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by lzyc at 27 Mar 2013 04:29 PM. Topic has 3 replies.