Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Orcad 16.6 capture ERROR(ORCAP-5004): Error initializing COM property pages: Invalid pointer

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Orcad 16.6 capture ERROR(ORCAP-5004): Error initializing COM property pages: Invalid pointer 

Last post Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:39 PM by ChrisZhao. 3 replies.
Started by ChrisZhao 18 Mar 2013 12:36 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 3095 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 12:36 AM

• ChrisZhao
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 17 2013
    • Shanghai, Shanghai
    • Posts 10
    • Points 110
    Orcad 16.6 capture ERROR(ORCAP-5004): Error initializing COM property pages: Invalid pointer Reply

Hi, all

My OS is windows 7, 32bits. SPB version is 16.6.

When I trying to create Netlist, this error happed.

I have searched in this forum, try to debug with the method in this link:

http://www.cadence.com/Community/forums/p/15490/1310574.aspx#1310574

But it didn't work, I went to the (Install_dir)\tools\capture, there was no pxllite.ocx and truereuse.ocx but orpxllite.ocx and ortruereuse.ocx. I run them the same way as previous link, I did got "DllRegisterServer in orpxllite.ocx succeeded." and "DllRegisterServer in ortrueReuse.ocx succeeded." I still can't create netlist. I also trie to run capture "as a administrator", it can't work.

Thanks.

Chris

• Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 1:06 AM

• hmkr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 4 2011
    • Posts 14
    • Points 220
    Re: Orcad 16.6 capture ERROR(ORCAP-5004): Error initializing COM property pages: Invalid pointer Reply

To diagnose the problem-

- Please download and rename the attached file pxlreg166.txt to pxlreg166.tcl

- After the COM error appears, click OK, close the Netlist dialog and provide the following TCL command in the Capture TCL command window-

source "<path>/pxlreg166.tcl"

For example, if you downloaded and placed pxlreg166.tcl in  d:/temp folder, then provide the TCL command "source d:/temp/pxlreg166.tcl"

This command will dump the information regarding the registration of the ocx files and their paths registered in the system registry. This might help in diagnosing the issue quickly.

• Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:45 AM

• BillZ
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Rochester, NY
    • Posts 88
    • Points 1,170
    Re: Orcad 16.6 capture ERROR(ORCAP-5004): Error initializing COM property pages: Invalid pointer Reply

Hi

With Win7 make sure you run the Capture.exe as admin.

You can right click on the capture.exe and choose Run As admin.

BillZ

EMA Design Automation

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:39 PM

• ChrisZhao
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 17 2013
    • Shanghai, Shanghai
    • Posts 10
    • Points 110

I found it was useful to run "Run" as admin, sometimes running "capture.exe" will cause other problem, such as it will keep reminding me "communicating with server", and I have to close capture.

I found every time I want to create Netlist, I need to register this two *.ocx files. Weird.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by ChrisZhao at 18 Mar 2013 12:36 AM. Topic has 3 replies.