Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > VerilogAMS netlist from schematic

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

VerilogAMS netlist from schematic 

Last post Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:09 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by acook 08 Mar 2013 05:42 PM. Topic has 3 replies and 1132 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Fri, Mar 8 2013 5:42 PM

• acook
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 4 2012
    • Manchester, NH
    • Posts 27
    • Points 480
    VerilogAMS netlist from schematic Reply

Hello, 

I would like to create a verilogAMS netlist from a schematic as a post check and save trigger. I am not trying to do this hiearchtically, I just want to create a verilogAMS view representative of the schematic. I find this useful when creating mixed signals models as you can throw in a few spectre models easiy (like a diode). Usually I have to create a ADE AMS setup, netlist, and steal it from the netlist.vams that spits out.

As far at the netlist form, I would like exactly what ADE in AMS mode generates (with default options).

I played with the command to create an AMS netlist, but I was unclear on how to set the default options correctly. When I tried one particular schematic, it failed complaing about little endian vs big endian.

Thank you,

Aaron

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Mar 11 2013 6:50 AM

Re: VerilogAMS netlist from schematic Reply

Hi Aaron,

Are you using the Cell-Based netlister or OSS/irun in ADE? If using the cell-based netlister, you can probably just easily use the amsNetlist() function - this will netlist into the schematic cellView, but you could take the resulting file and use that.

I'm not sure what you mean about little endian vs big endian (or rather I know what the difference is, but I'm not sure how you'd get the tools complaining about that).

Regards,

Andrew.

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:28 AM

• acook
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 4 2012
    • Manchester, NH
    • Posts 27
    • Points 480

Andrew,

What I've done this far is just run the amsNetlist function you mentioned and simply told it the schematic I wanted to netlist.

The error I mentioned was resolved by setting 'amsDirec.vlog allowDeviantBuses cyclic "warn" ' 

This may sound rather stupid, but I'm not exactly sure which netlister I am using when I run the amsNetlist command. I know that in my AMS enviorments use OSS/irun which is what I think I want.

Like I said, my goal here is to generate a verilogams version of a schematic as a post-check and save trigger (there is no ADE enviornment setup in this case). I figured amsNetlist was exatcly what I wanted but when I got that random error about the busses I was concerned about how I was configuring the netlister.

Thank you,

Aaron 

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:09 AM

Aaron,

amsNetlist uses the cell based netlister, and so netlists only a single cellview at a time. Whether that is viable depends on whether your PDK supports CBN by having AMS simInfo in the CDF.

if it does thenthat's probably your best bet even if ultimately you're actually using OSSin ADE.

Sirry about typos - responding via web interface from mobile device in poor signal area (hopefully we can restore email appends soon - we had to disable due to spam attacks)

Regards,

Andrew 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by acook at 08 Mar 2013 05:42 PM. Topic has 3 replies.