Home > Community > Forums > Mixed-Signal Design > Simulating and retrieving MOS currents

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Simulating and retrieving MOS currents 

Last post Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:13 AM by Isto. 1 replies.
Started by Mike59 07 Mar 2013 05:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies and 405 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Mar 7 2013 5:21 AM

• Mike59
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 20 2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 20
    Simulating and retrieving MOS currents Reply

Hello,

Briefly, what I would like to do using Spectre, is a DC sweep of a MOS transistor. This sweep will include the node voltages, plus the gate length and width. Now, I've figured out how to do this using a "sweep paramset" command, like this:

mysweep sweep paramset=allinone {
      mydc dc
    }

where the parameter set named "allinone" gets included from another file.

However, I would also like to be able to read the results from one text file, but this command produces a separate file in the raw directory for every dc point. Is there any way to avoid creating the raw directory in the first place, and simply have Spectre output or even print to the console the dc currents of all the dc points, one after another? I have tried to use a print command, but as it's not allowed inside the sweep, it only prints out the results of the last dc point. Writing all the separate dc files also seems to slow down the simulation quite a bit.

BR, Mikael

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:13 AM

• Isto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 26 2010
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5
    Re: Simulating and retrieving MOS currents Reply

Hi Mikael,

As we discussed offline, you should use spectremdl. MDL allows to do complex measurements and run them in batch. It also allows automatic deletion of the binary results data  after the simulation is finished leaving only the exported text results.

BR,

Isto

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Mike59 at 07 Mar 2013 05:21 AM. Topic has 1 replies.