Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > How to write a skll script that will continue to auto place vias as i click

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to write a skll script that will continue to auto place vias as i click 

Last post Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:49 PM by Andrew Beckett. 8 replies.
Started by CMO297 05 Mar 2013 03:05 PM. Topic has 8 replies and 1206 views
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Mar 5 2013 3:05 PM

• CMO297
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 1 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    How to write a skll script that will continue to auto place vias as i click Reply

Hi All,

I'm looking to write a script that calls up the "auto" via menu and will allow me to keep dropping vias on metal intersections instead of finishing after one click. Does anyone know what the best way to accomplish this?  Please forgive me, i'm fairly new to skill.  your help is greatly apprcieated .

this is what i have so far?

procedure(myautovia()

hiRegTimer(
        "hiGetCurrentForm()->viaMode->value= \"Auto\"
        hiToggleEnterForm(hiGetCurrentForm() )" 1)
        leHiCreateVia()
        )

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Mar 6 2013 2:19 AM

Re: How to write a skll script that will continue to auto place vias as i click Reply

You shouldn't really need to do this - if you do Options->Editor and turn on "Repeat Commands", it will do this automatically...

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 35
  • Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:06 AM

• CMO297
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    Re: How to write a skll script that will continue to auto place vias as i click Reply
    thanks Andrew, totally forgot about that switch!
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:07 AM

Hi Andrew;

I am using Virtuoso 6.1.5 and I dont see Options->Editor... Repeat Commands anywhere

If not in Virtuoso 6.1.5 version, how can I create repeat commands option since this is quite handy feature to have..

Thanks

Howard

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:28 AM

• CMO297
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Hi Howard,

if you are using standard Cadence binkeys, hit Shift E to pull up the menu.  it's the first one in the top left corner.

Thanks,

Chris

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:15 PM

Hi Chris;

uhmmm I guess the OPUS here modified all the Cadence bindkeys, I tried Shift E and still dont see "repeat command", but I see 

the bindkey called "hiRepeat".. 

But Thanks for your help

Howard

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:57 PM

• dmay
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 17 2008
    • Allen, TX
    • Posts 386
    • Points 7,290

Options->Editor... Repeat Commands

This refers to the Options menu in the Virtuoso Layout Editor, choose the "Editor..." menu item and a form will pop up. The top left option on the form is "Repeat Commands".

To invoke the form with Skill, run this in your CIW: leHiEditEditorOptions()

To change the setting using Skill code, run this in your CIW:  envSetVal("layout" "modalCommands" 'boolean t)

To change the setting permanently in your setup, modify a file called .cdsenv in your home directory to have this line:
    layout  modalCommands   boolean t

Derek

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:37 PM

Hi Derek;

I see it now..;) after typing leHiEditEditorOptions()

Thanks for your help

Howard

• Mon, Mar 11 2013 3:49 PM

Howard,

Somebody must have done some serious messing around with the menus in the layout editor if they've removed the Options menu.

Try doing "cdswhich -all menus" from the terminal window - see if there are some menus directories which have local copies of layEdit.menus which have been edited (maybe).

Anyway, glad you found it. I'd have words with whoever has customized the environment to remove standard options like this! It seems a good way of confusing users.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by CMO297 at 05 Mar 2013 03:05 PM. Topic has 8 replies.