Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > Why ocnWaveformTool('awd) only displays 19mS instead of 60mS

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Why ocnWaveformTool('awd) only displays 19mS instead of 60mS 

Last post Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:23 AM by Andrew Beckett. 3 replies.
Started by vanderpollator 05 Mar 2013 07:00 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 688 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:00 AM

Why ocnWaveformTool('awd) only displays 19mS instead of 60mS Reply
    I sill prefer to use ocnWaveformTool('awd) in oceanscript for Spectre transient analysis.( Cadence:  IC5141-usr6).    Strangely, even stop time is 60mS in Spectre transient analysis, ADE only shows 19mS waveform data on the screen even Spectre has gone through all 60mS simulation.   Any idea why is going on?
    • Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 5 2013 9:26 AM

Re: Why ocnWaveformTool('awd) only displays 19mS instead of 60mS Reply

This is probably due to an issue with the SST2 output format (since resolved - I think it was fixed in a later subversion). I'd suggest you use:

envSetVal("spectre.envOpts" "simOutputFormat" 'string "psfbin")

If you do this, I'd suggest you do a Simulation->Netlist->Recreate before running a simulation.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:20 AM

Thank you, Andrew.

It is working.    I also found that if I closed the icfb (or msfb) window and started Cadence from scratch, it also solved the problem (until it rears its ugly head again!)    

• Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:23 AM

If I remember rightly, the problem is caused by running a short simulation and then a longer one - something in memory is not correctly updated and hence it does not realise that the stop time is longer. So quitting and restarting would fix that too. This only happens with SST2, and only if the change in stop time is significant enough.

Regards,

Andrew

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by vanderpollator at 05 Mar 2013 07:00 AM. Topic has 3 replies.