Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC Design > ADE-L progress bar during ac, noise or stb analyses disturbs cadence environment. How to switch it off?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

ADE-L progress bar during ac, noise or stb analyses disturbs cadence environment. How to switch it off? 

Last post Sun, Mar 24 2013 4:42 AM by Andrew Beckett. 1 replies.
Started by dalistoj 26 Feb 2013 12:46 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 740 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:46 PM

• dalistoj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 17 2010
    • Jena, Thueringen
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45
    ADE-L progress bar during ac, noise or stb analyses disturbs cadence environment. How to switch it off? Reply

Hello,

I have problem that ADE L blocks whole cadence environment during ac, noise or stb analyses! During the transient simulation everything is just fine.

During ac simulation, mouse pointer shows the "busy" status: sandy glass symbol and it disturbs any further work with virtuoso, especially if the simulation takes long time!

It could be that maybe something is wrong with the progress bar, because the progress bar status doesn't correspondent  with the actual simulation (only ac, noise or stb). It predicts the time wrong and starts many times during the same analyses from the 0%. It is interesting that this "blocking" is let free in that moment when progress bar for ac analyses reaches 100%, even if ac was  finished already earlier!

Does anybody knows any way how to switch off the progress bar in ADE L? I actually don't need it, because the log file is just enough and has more information as the "nasty" progress bar.

Please can anyone help me. I use already the newest IC615 (Dez. 2012) release, but this effect appears in the earlier releases. Simulation runs with spectre.

Best Regards

Dalibor.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Mar 24 2013 4:42 AM

Re: ADE-L progress bar during ac, noise or stb analyses disturbs cadence environment. How to switch it off? Reply

Dalibor,

I don't know of a way to turn it off, but it really should not behave this way - I've never seen that. So please contact customer support.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by dalistoj at 26 Feb 2013 12:46 PM. Topic has 1 replies.