Home > Community > Forums > Mixed-Signal Design > component display

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

component display 

Last post Fri, May 31 2013 4:31 PM by Sandeep4386. 4 replies.
Started by 40Ford 21 Feb 2013 03:27 PM. Topic has 4 replies and 910 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:27 PM

• 40Ford
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 21 2013
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85
    component display Reply

Using IC61 Schematic Editor.

In an open schematic I select "Edit -> Component Display" and on the Edit Component form I select 'parameter' for "Select Label" and under Parameter Labels I select 'library' for "Apply To" and then operating point and DC.

When I select a device from the schematic the form automatically switches to 'parameter' and 'full'. If I manually switch it back to 'operating point' there are no Display values listed.

Another user pointing to the same data with the same version of virtuoso is able to list several labels and select numerous OP parameters.

Why would this form behave differently for different users?

Cheers

• Post Points: 20
  • Sun, Mar 24 2013 5:04 AM

Re: component display Reply

Not sure - check if the user has a labelDisplay.il file in the root of their design library - it may be that this is interfering with things.

The good news is that the Component Display form has had a major reimplementation in IC616, which gives much better (and more usable) functionality.

You could also try doing File->Refresh in the CIW to refresh the CDF from disk to reset everything before using the form.

Andrew.

• Fri, May 24 2013 10:10 AM

• Sandeep4386
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 20 2012
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 25
    • Points 395

Hi Andrew,

Can you tell me where I can find this component display option in IC616? I don't see any componenet display option in edit menu of 616..

Regards,

Sandeep 

• Sat, May 25 2013 7:16 AM

Sandeep,

The annotations have been revamped in IC616. The important menu is now View->Annotations (or RMB->Annotations on a blank piece of the schematic, or over an instance). You can turn on many things easily from there, or there is the more comprehensive View->Annotations->Setup form which is much more powerful than the old Edit Component Display.

We still need to work out a few use model improvements, but the framework is there to allow you to do all sorts of things more effectively. For example, it now:

• Allows annotation of read only schematics
    • Allows info balloons to be used as well as the cdsParam/cdsTerm/cdsName labels on the instances (with the info balloons you can show more data than you have labels for).
    • Address usability issues that the old Component Display form had
    • Allow different windows to be annotated differently (it no longer has to use the Effective CDF to do this).
    • Allow you to annotate operating point parameters, design parameters and model parameters at the same time
    • Easily annotate terminal currents (and both voltages and currents together).
    • With ADE XL allow you to annotate multiple corners/points at once (in an info balloon).
    • Easy global annotation choices
    • The ability to use RMB menus to plot waveforms on the schematic.
    • And a number of other features that I can't think of right now!

Regards,

Andrew.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Fri, May 31 2013 4:31 PM

• Sandeep4386
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 20 2012
    • Tempe, AZ
    • Posts 25
    • Points 395

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the detailed response. Just tested some of the annotation features and it looks much better than 615. Its much easy to  save and load annotations set up now, and best part is when you change the annotation settings for a design, the annotated data is updated at all levels of hierarchy!

Regards,

Sandeep 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by 40Ford at 21 Feb 2013 03:27 PM. Topic has 4 replies.