Home > Community > Forums > Digital Implementation > EncounterDB Class Diagram (TCL objects, not Scheme)

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

EncounterDB Class Diagram (TCL objects, not Scheme) 

Last post Fri, Mar 8 2013 12:30 PM by Kari. 3 replies.
Started by fcandeliere 14 Feb 2013 03:05 AM. Topic has 3 replies and 1213 views
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:05 AM

EncounterDB Class Diagram (TCL objects, not Scheme) Reply

Hi Folks,

I was wondering where I could find a Class Diagram that describe the internal structure of Encounter's Classes (Digital Implementation Database).

I mean, a netPtr is a a Class derived from ObjPtr and has several methods to access its attributes.

Is there anything like that in any document though of course Encounter uses TCL that is a  weak typing language?

• Post Points: 20
  • Tue, Mar 5 2013 11:16 AM

• Kari
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Cary, NC
    • Posts 693
    • Points 14,275
    Re: EncounterDB Class Diagram (TCL objects, not Scheme) Reply
    I'm not sure if there's a diagram, but try the Database Object Information manual and the Database Access Reference manual.
  • Wed, Mar 6 2013 1:59 AM

Do you mean the doc called:

Encounter Digital Implementation system database access command reference?  (our company has version 10.1.1)

Since I wrote this post I have got more inside into RC working and there it is more straightforward to understand internal object structure.

Kari, since I know you are in charge of digital implementation issue with Cadence tools.

May I know why RC and Encounter do not share the same browsing functionalities (nor a commond GUI)?

I mean it is preatty cool and efficient to navigate through everything that is loaded inside RC using shell like commands like cd and ls but there is nothing like this in Encounter.

I am new to Cadence digital backend tools but other vendors have a unified GUI with unified commands to work either on sythesis or pnr task with same commands, and that is quite efficient.

Francesco

• Fri, Mar 8 2013 12:30 PM

• Kari
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Cary, NC
    • Posts 693
    • Points 14,275

Hi Francesco,

Actually, I'm not in charge of anything. :-)

Yes, that's the document I mean.

Encounter originally came from a different company that Cadence bought. I don't recall if it's the same with RC, but that explains the two different navigation schemes and GUIs. I agree that it would be nice to have uniformity. 

- Kari 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by fcandeliere at 14 Feb 2013 03:05 AM. Topic has 3 replies.