Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Capture CIS ORCIS-6182 I am not sure what this means

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Capture CIS ORCIS-6182 I am not sure what this means 

Last post Fri, May 16 2014 2:26 PM by Carl45. 8 replies.
Started by Ksquared 07 Feb 2013 02:45 PM. Topic has 8 replies and 4437 views
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:45 PM

• Ksquared
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 7 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60
    Capture CIS ORCIS-6182 I am not sure what this means Reply
    When I do update part status I get the following message:

ERROR(ORCIS-6182): Cannot find approved part number ECJ-1VB1H122K Linked To Schematic Part C129. 

I have checked the part and all the data has been properly passed from the database to the part but is shows up with a red dot and says Approved: Not Found

If I go to link database part and select the part from the database everything shows up green and all the data fields match. 

I tried searching in the documentation for the list of Error codes and found some in the CIS Reference manual but it only listed ORCIS-8xxx and above. Is there a document where I can find all the error codes? 
    Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 35
  • Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:08 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,371
    • Points 23,350
    Re: Capture CIS ORCIS-6182 I am not sure what this means Reply
    What else is there to know? The Update Part Status is not finding an entry with the specified Part Number in the database that the design is currently using. You could try re-linking the part and see if that fixes the issue, looking in the Part Manager fields might give a clue, but, whatever the issue, a more lengthy description is not going to help, the message completely descibes the problem.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:03 AM

• Ksquared
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60
    The part number is there in the database. As I said in the orriginal post the part does get all the data passed to it. the part number is correct and matches the part number in the database. Every part in my design does this and I am positive they are all there. I just generated my database from the bom's of this board so everything should and does alling between the database and the part properties. I have also manualy verified that they match as well. This is not a case that the part number does not match, something else is going on here.
  • Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:32 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,371
    • Points 23,350
    This all seems to "just work", if it happens for "all parts" the configuration is likely screwed up. What exact version including hotfix are you running? Make a trivial example placing database parts and see if that works, if it doesn't zip up the DSN, DBC, database and required OLB file for the trivial example and attach it to the forum post.
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:54 AM

• Chalford
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 16 2009
    • Reading, Berkshire
    • Posts 28
    • Points 350

We are seeing the same behaviour. I can place a part from the database then run Part Manager and get this error. It can't find the part that it has just found and placed!

I have, so far, found only a few parts that have this problem, and it seems to follow part types, not individual components in the db.

This was using 16.5, trying 16.6 now... 

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:13 AM

• Chalford
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 16 2009
    • Reading, Berkshire
    • Posts 28
    • Points 350

Sorted it - the refdes was undefined in the .dbc file.

On running part update the tool reported that the part 'could not be found' when in fact the part has an illegal refdes prefix. I have added it to the 'allowed prefixes' and now all works fine.

• Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:14 PM

• Ed B
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 5 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 35

Go to the first tab in the CIS configuration screen (for configuring the .dbc file).  This is where is asks for your database.  Below is the list of Tables in your database.  To the right is a similar pulldown that will have probably the same names as the tables in your database,

More importantly, the top line should be BLANK.  Select this blank line and save the .dbc file.

Now go back and relink and update the part and it should go "Approved: Current" with the  green dot.

I had this problem and it took 2 days to figure out that I mistakenly changes the setting the the name of a new database table I added.  After that, only original database parts worked (I made a copy of the cadence CIS db and added a parts table for my new stuff because I didn't want to add parts to the main tables.)

Interestingly enough, if you search the documentation for the function of the pulldown I note above - THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT IT.  You can find a page that describes everything on that configuration tab EXCEPT THAT PULLDOWN.

We found 1 google result where the person said its used to help use mechanical parts and get them on the BOM, but there was not detail and we did not understand the functionality of the pulldown except that it seems to act as some sort of filter.

Hope this helps future users searching for help on error ORCIS-6182 approved part not found,

Ed

• Post Points: 35
  • Tue, Oct 15 2013 1:19 PM

• Ksquared
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

Hello Ed B,

Thank you so much for this reply and answer to the problem. That fixed it right up. We have been working around it not recognizing the parts for the last few months. It would still update the part properties but it was hard to make sure your entire part BOM was up to date.

THANKS FOR THE FIX! 

Filed under:
  • Fri, May 16 2014 2:26 PM

• Carl45
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 8 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

This solution worked for a little while, but after restarting Capture a couple times, the problem began to recur. The "Select Mapping Table:" pull-down is described in the OrCAD CIS User Guide, under "Creating reports","Including mechanical parts and assembllies...".

I do not have a durable fix for the ORCIS-6182 message. Very annoying! 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Ksquared at 07 Feb 2013 02:45 PM. Topic has 8 replies.