Home > Community > Forums > RF Design > Data update issue using SpectreRF MATLAB toolbox

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Data update issue using SpectreRF MATLAB toolbox 

Last post Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:24 PM by aliasnikhil. 5 replies.
Started by aliasnikhil 30 Jan 2013 12:31 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 1491 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:31 PM

• aliasnikhil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 8 2013
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105
    Data update issue using SpectreRF MATLAB toolbox Reply

Hi,

I am trying to do post-processing on my output signals in MATLAB using the SpectreRF toolbox. I use the cds_srr() command in MATLAB to import the signal data into MATLAB and take it from there. However, each time I re-run a simulation in spectre which a change in some parameters that will change the output waveforms as well,  the new updated data is not imported in MATLAB on re-typing the command. I need to close MATLAB window and restart it to get the new data. Any thoughts on this issue?

Thanks!

-Nikhil 

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:38 PM

• Tawna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 11 2008
    • Snohomish, WA
    • Posts 212
    • Points 5,625
    RE: Data update issue using SpectreRF MATLAB toolbox Reply
    Hi Nikhil,

Whenever asking a question to the Forum, it is important to put in the subversion of all the tools you are using.

(virtuoso, matlab, spectreRF).  Also, there needs to be exact error or warning messages.

Often times, questions are so vague that people don’t bother answering them.  

Please look at the Guidelines for the RF Forum .

Best regards,

Tawna
    Best regards, Tawna Wilsey Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
  • Wed, Jan 30 2013 12:53 PM

Re: RE: Data update issue using SpectreRF MATLAB toolbox Reply

Nidhil,

Tawna's quite right. Knowing the versions may be important. I just tried this using an arbitrary random choice of versions - spectre 10.1.1.441.isr25 and Matlab R2011b, and it worked fine for me. Just tried another random choice, spectre 12.1.0.347.isr3 and Matlab R2012b - that also worked fine.

So which version are you using? Maybe it's data dependent too?

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Jan 30 2013 2:43 PM

• aliasnikhil
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105

Hi,

Sorry about that! I thought it would be common to all since its a MATLAB command.

Here is the version details:

Virtuoso Ver: 6.1.4.500.12

MATLAB Ver: 2011b

Spectre: 7.1.1.426.isr27 

I don't think it should be data dependent though because I am just importing waveform data into MATLAB like you would do for any other data. I am just running a 'transient' and yes I wait enough after completion of transient simulation for the new data to be saved, in case it takes time to write in a file.

-Nikhil 

• Wed, Jan 30 2013 11:06 PM

Nikhil,

Unfortunately I can't quite test that combination now because I'm travelling and don't have such an old version of MMSIM on my laptop. I would suggest you try with a newer version of MMSIM (that specific build is over 2.5 years old, and we've had MMSIM7.2, MMSIM10.1, MMSIM11.1 and MMSIM12.1 as major releases since then).

It could potentially have been data dependent (i.e. the type of analysis, or even the format of the data - whether it is SST2 or PSF, for example). That said, I just tried MMSIM12.1/R2012b with transient data in both SST2 and PSF, and it works fine for me.

Regards,

Andrew.

• Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:24 PM

• aliasnikhil
    • Not Ranked
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105

Hi,

Sorry for the really late reply but an update to MMSIM 12.1 did the trick. Now when I invoke MATLAB and try to import data, I get an info message in command window saying  "Results have been changed. Reloading..." So, it works!

Thanks!

-Nikhil 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by aliasnikhil at 30 Jan 2013 12:31 PM. Topic has 5 replies.