Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > GbE network signal integrity

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

GbE network signal integrity 

Last post Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:29 AM by MinerHokie. 5 replies.
Started by MinerHokie 10 Jan 2013 12:10 PM. Topic has 5 replies and 744 views
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 10 2013 12:10 PM

• MinerHokie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 10 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60
    GbE network signal integrity Reply

Was considering Agilent ADS and EMPro for GbE signal integrity analysis at the network level (e.g., NE crosstalk, insertion loss, return loss). I don't have the Agilent tools but do have access to Cadence.

Has anyone modeled large mil connectors, D38999 types for example, in a Cadence tool? Or imported models from another tool?

Thanks.

Filed under: , ,
    • Post Points: 35
  • Mon, Jan 14 2013 4:31 AM

Re: GbE network signal integrity Reply

I thought I'd replied to this (via email) - but it doesn't seem to have appeared. Here's what I said:

What do you mean by "Access to Cadence" - Cadence has a lot of different tools covering a wide range of disciplines, be they PCB, analog IC, RF IC, Mixed signal IC, simulation, implementation. verification and so on.

So what sort of area are you talking about? Modelling for what purpose? What kind of design?

I'm trying to check that your question is in the right forum to increase the likelihood of you getting the answer you're looking for.

Kind Regards,

Andrew

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:48 AM

• MinerHokie
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60
    We have “Allegro PCB SI XL” without the “Multi-Gigabit” option.

Cat 6A network signal integrity analysis; concerned about the affects of mil connectors on crosstalk, insertion loss, etc. (no PCB layout analysis).

So, we'd like to model connectors and cables and analyze a Cat 6A network composed of those connectors and cables to determine the best overall choice of connectors and cables. At least, arrive at a short list of options, which we'd narrow down via network mockup and testing.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:51 AM

Jeff,

OK, so I'll move it to the PCB Design forum - almost certainly a better place to discuss this.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

• Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:57 AM

What do you mean by "Access to Cadence" - Cadence has a lot of different tools covering a wide range of disciplines, be they PCB, analog IC, RF IC, Mixed signal IC, simulation, implementation, verification and so on.

So what sort of area are you talking about? Modelling for what purpose? What kind of design?

I'm trying to check that your question is in the right forum to increase the likelihood of getting the answer you're looking for.

Kind Regards,

Andrew
  • Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:29 AM

• MinerHokie
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 60

I've learned more about our tools: We have “Allegro PCB SI XL” without the “Multi-Gigabit” option.

If I pursue this work, I'll most likely request S-parameters from connector suppliers, then use Matlab/Simulink for signal integrity predictions.

I have no further questions.

Thanks.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by MinerHokie at 10 Jan 2013 12:10 PM. Topic has 5 replies.