Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > Allegro PCB Design GXL Can`t open a board file

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

Allegro PCB Design GXL Can`t open a board file 

Last post Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:03 AM by House4366. 2 replies.
Started by House4366 06 Jan 2013 06:27 PM. Topic has 2 replies and 962 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:27 PM

• House4366
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 6 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Allegro PCB Design GXL Can`t open a board file Reply

Dear fellows, I have been working with Allegro PCB Design GXL software for a while,unfortunately, last night, I ran into a problem which is beyond my knowledge to solve. So I looking for your help

I worked on a PCB board design which I have devoted my passed days to. Suddenly I realise that the software behavior unusually, so I closed it and reopen it. Unfortunatelly, one error occurred to it. The error message says:'Program has encountered a problem and must exit.The database will be saved(if applicable). obtain the latest update from Cadance  and if the problem persists, contact Cadance support'

I tried to use the software to open other design file, and it worked normally. So I don`t know what I have done to my Board File. What I can do to fix this problem?

P.S.: I have try to move my design file to other places, but the problem is still not solved. So I think the problem  may not have anything to do with its directory format

• Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:09 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,371
    • Points 23,350
    Re: Allegro PCB Design GXL Can`t open a board file Reply
    Try to run the DBDoctor on the file. Start>Programs>Cadence>Release {whatever}>PCB Editor Utilities, set all the boxes, browse to the board file, set a different board filename as the output and "Check", see what you get.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:03 AM

• House4366
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 6 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25
    Re: Allegro PCB Design GXL Can`t open a board file Reply

I have tried that mathod. Unfortunately, the DBDoctor software encounters the same problem with the same error message. I find the same file name with extension of '.sav'. Does it mean that my design file has gone broken, and can not be restored?

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by House4366 at 06 Jan 2013 06:27 PM. Topic has 2 replies.