Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > How to write and edit the silkscreen top & bottom texts in Allegro PCB Editor?

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

How to write and edit the silkscreen top & bottom texts in Allegro PCB Editor?  

Last post Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:31 AM by oldmouldy. 1 replies.
Started by Dhamodharann 03 Jan 2013 08:03 PM. Topic has 1 replies and 1672 views
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:03 PM

• Dhamodharann
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 3 2012
    • Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,775
    How to write and edit the silkscreen top & bottom texts in Allegro PCB Editor? Reply

Hi..

When i was using to add components manually, the components texts are been highlighted. So in that case me need only the silkscreen top & bottom text.And then how to edit the existing text.

Another doubt is how to insert the title block for silkscreen top & bottom. Me had tried it many times, but i dont know where it is located.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:31 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,388
    • Points 23,645
    Re: How to write and edit the silkscreen top & bottom texts in Allegro PCB Editor? Reply

Check the Application Mode is General Edit, right-click in the background, not over any objects, Super Filter set Text, hover the mouse over the text, the text will highlight, right-click>Text Edit to edit the text.

There is no "Title Block" per se, you will need to make one, these are usually designed as Format Symbols - just lines, shapes and text - on the required Class / SubClass, say Board Geometry / Silkscreen_Top. More commonly these would be part of a "drawing blank" which you would not want to generate a SilkScreen for since it would likely be a lot larger than the actual board.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Dhamodharann at 03 Jan 2013 08:03 PM. Topic has 1 replies.