Home > Community > Forums > Cadence Academic Network > help with the 5V voltage regulators

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

help with the 5V voltage regulators 

Last post Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:44 AM by oldmouldy. 4 replies.
Started by shridatta 24 Dec 2012 02:34 AM. Topic has 4 replies and 1301 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Mon, Dec 24 2012 2:34 AM

• shridatta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 21 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 70
    help with the 5V voltage regulators Reply

i was having an output voltage of 11V on a circuit, but i need a voltage regulator that can make it to the 5V steady DC voltage, i dont know what library in pspice edition 16.5 has this function, please help me

• Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 26 2012 9:58 PM

• alokt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Noida, Uttar Pradesh
    • Posts 241
    • Points 3,470
    Re: help with the 5V voltage regulators Reply

You can use LM7805 or CA3085 regulator from "Opamp" library should serve the purpose. Both of these are voltage regulator and can provide stable 5V output from 11V input. You have not mentioned the current requirement, you may want to check if these devices have capability to meet your requirement from current perspective.

• Thu, Dec 27 2012 2:33 AM

• shridatta
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 70

thanks a lot for the info brother, but ido not posses such library name in my edition of pspice, its a free edition i have downloaded from the cadence; and one more thing is the current requirement i had built a wireless power transferring mechanism where i have to transmit a 5V DC voltage to receiver section where it is implanted inside the body, but on the simulation level, i am getting it as 11V at the load, and i have to use a capacitor for retaining the charge and also use it as a secondary battery to power up the internal electronics which are to work at 5V

• Post Points: 5
  • Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:07 AM

• shridatta
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 70

and sorry for 1 more thing, i had found the library "opamp.olb" but it does not contain LM7805 or CA one, can you please tell me another name in the library

• Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:44 AM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,385
    • Points 23,615
    I suspect that you found the OpAmp.olb from the tools\Capture\library directory, rather than the tools\Capture\library\PSpice one. There are quite a few nodes in the three terminal regulator model, this may be an issue when using this with the Lite simulator limits, you could just use a VDC source to get the required voltage for simulation purposes.
    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by shridatta at 24 Dec 2012 02:34 AM. Topic has 4 replies.