Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > BindKey - Error in IC6

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

BindKey - Error in IC6 

Last post Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:28 AM by lrlsk. 4 replies.
Started by Peter123 13 Dec 2012 10:22 PM. Topic has 4 replies and 1033 views
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:22 PM

• Peter123
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 12 2010
    • Posts 19
    • Points 305
    BindKey - Error in IC6 Reply

Hi experts,

I'm facing some issue with pre-loaded bindkeys after virtuoso upgraded from IC5.1.X to IC6.1.X.

The Error is related to the skill command "leSetAllLayerValid" (complaining cannot get current techfile in the LSW").

I believe this is due to the diff program loading sequence, as in IC6.1.X, the Palette(or LSW) will only present when a cell is open in virtuoso.

unlike in IC5.1.X, the LSW will be loaded before a cell is open. (leSetAllLayerValid won't return error because LSW is present)

Anyone can help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Peter

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:04 PM

Re: BindKey - Error in IC6 Reply
    Please provide some more details as to how you are calling this function. If it is from a bindkey for the layout editor, I don't see why it should be an issue, since the layout window would be loaded and initialized in both cases.

I'm not sure there's a significant difference between versions in how this function behaves, but to be certain I'd need to know when and how it is called, and the exact subversion of IC6 you're using (type getVersion(t) in the CIW to get this).

Thanks,

Andrew
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:16 PM

• Peter123
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jan 12 2010
    • Posts 19
    • Points 305

Thanks Andrew,

The function is the 1st function in my bindkey.il.

I made the bindkeys auto loaded by putting the command "load"/xx/xx/bindkey.il" in my .cdsinit.

The order of virtuoso loading program: XX>XY>read .cdsinit>YY>....>library manager.

The error is due to vrituoso loading the bindkey.il earlier openning a cell (LSW present).

Pls advice.

• Post Points: 35
  • Fri, Dec 14 2012 12:01 AM

Defining a bindkey (if done properly) should not cause a problem because it wouldn't call the function when it's defined (the callback for the bindkey is a string, which is evaluated when you press that key).

It would be far easier if you shared the contents of the bindkey.il file rather than having to guess what you've done that is causing this problem.

Thanks,

Andrew
    • Post Points: 5
  • Fri, Dec 14 2012 2:28 AM

• lrlsk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 30 2012
    • Posts 12
    • Points 120

Hi Peter,

I think you just need to enclosed your bindkey statements with the function when( isCallable( .......)  you will see the same strategy if you do "show bindkeys" from CIW-->options-->bindkeys.

BR ~lrlsk

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by Peter123 at 13 Dec 2012 10:22 PM. Topic has 4 replies.