Home > Community > Forums > Custom IC SKILL > leHiCreateGroup

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

leHiCreateGroup 

Last post Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:54 PM by howardhaoracle. 2 replies.
Started by howardhaoracle 13 Dec 2012 10:55 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 517 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:55 AM

leHiCreateGroup Reply

Hi..
    I am trying to group a selected group of metal into 1 group. But everytime I do leHiCreateGroup, there is a GUI window popup "Create Group" and you have to hit apply in order to create group.. It's kinda annoying to hit apply everytime.. Is there any other Skill command I can use to bypass this popup GUI window and achieve the same result..

Thank you very much for your help
    Howard

• Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 12:45 PM

• skillUser
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 19 2008
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 2,587
    • Points 15,915
    Re: leHiCreateGroup Reply

Hi Howard,

I have not looked into this in detail but I think that you will want to look at the lower level db* commands such as dbCreateFigGroup and dbAddFigToFigGroup - this is essentially what the other command is doing: creating a fig group and putting the selected figures in that group.  Create a procedure that creates a fig group and then adds each of the selected figures to that fig group in turn.

Any time you see a "Hi" in the name of a command, or "hi" as the prefix, this is short for "human interface" and typically would involve some interaction with the user through a form, menu, bindkey etc.  In this case the function has a "le" prefix which indicates it is for the layout editor tool and then the Hi part of the name suggests that it will invoke or need a form to gather further input from the user.

Hopefully this information helps.

Regards,

Lawrence.

• Post Points: 20
  • Fri, Dec 14 2012 8:54 PM

Re: leHiCreateGroup Reply

Thanks Lawrence..

After using both command dbCreateFigGroup and dbAddFigToGroup, I am able to create group w/o that GUI popup window

Howard

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by howardhaoracle at 13 Dec 2012 10:55 AM. Topic has 2 replies.