Home > Community > Forums > PCB Design > help deleting Package Geometry -> Assembly_Top shape in PCB Designer 16.5

Email

* Required Fields

Recipients email * (separate multiple addresses with commas)

Your name *

Your email *

Message *

Contact Us

* Required Fields
First Name *

Last Name *

Email *

Company / Institution *

Comments: *

help deleting Package Geometry -> Assembly_Top shape in PCB Designer 16.5 

Last post Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:12 AM by mfris. 2 replies.
Started by mfris 12 Dec 2012 10:21 AM. Topic has 2 replies and 797 views
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:21 AM

• mfris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2012
    • Durham, NC
    • Posts 20
    • Points 440
    help deleting Package Geometry -> Assembly_Top shape in PCB Designer 16.5 Reply

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of rectangles in my design that are Package Geometry->Assembly_Top class/subclass.  I'm not sure how they got there - I may have inadvertantly copied part of an old part that has since been deleted.  Anyway, I can highlight the shape in question, and I can then see an option to move or copy the shape if I right click, but I'm not given an option to delete.  If I select the shape and do either a cntrl-d or Edit->Delete, I get the following message: 

Selected item not valid for current operation, ignored: Rectangle "Package Geometry/Assembly_Top"
    No valid items selected for the current operation, exiting.

How do I get rid of this shape?

Thanks for your help!

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 20
  • Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:53 PM

• oldmouldy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 15 2008
    • Woking, Surrey
    • Posts 1,265
    • Points 21,605
    Re: help deleting Package Geometry -> Assembly_Top shape in PCB Designer 16.5 Reply
    Move the item "out of the way" so that you can readily identify it alone and not "get" anything else selected - in the move, use the "ix <amount>" or "iy <amount>" at the command line, or move with the mouse to a "safe" location. When the move is Done, Check that the Application Mode is General Edit, then use Edit>Delete, check that the Super Filter is "Off" and Find Filter is "All on", left-click on the item to select it, right-click>Done to confirm deletion of the selected item.
    • Post Points: 20
  • Thu, Dec 13 2012 7:12 AM

• mfris
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 18 2012
    • Durham, NC
    • Posts 20
    • Points 440
    Re: help deleting Package Geometry -> Assembly_Top shape in PCB Designer 16.5 Reply

Thanks for your help - I think part of the problem was that I was selecting the item first, then doing Edit->Delete instead of choosing Edit->Delete first, then selecting the item.

Anyway, the item in question is gone now and I'm pretty happy about that.  Thanks!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts:
Started by mfris at 12 Dec 2012 10:21 AM. Topic has 2 replies.